Julio Cesar Chavez: GOAT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
    crolt forgot about this in his BoxRec search. lol

Chavez is the king. And, his liver punch has been imitated but never duplicated by anybody except maybe Irish Mickey Ward.
    I used BoxRec to check the dates. I'm VERY familiar with the substance of both men's careers.

Comment

crolt forgot about this in his BoxRec search. lol

Chavez is the king. And, his liver punch has been imitated but never duplicated by anybody except maybe Irish Mickey Ward.
      What the fuck are you laughing for?

I'm STILL counting JCC's record.

It's in the hundreds....

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
        I used BoxRec to check the dates. I'm VERY familiar with the substance of both men's careers.
        Great! That means you're capable of being objective. But, don't get me wrong. Defending Robinson is not exactly the most difficult thing to do. He was an all time great...no doubt. So, it's not exactly as if your opinion is garbage. It's conventional wisdom.

But, I guess you noticed the Floyd votes that are trickling in... rofl

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          What the fuck are you laughing for?

I'm STILL counting JCC's record.

It's in the hundreds....
          That's good Sweet Pea. Keep on counting and let us know your findings...if you can ever get to the end. LOL

Comment

Easy.

"Men Lie, Women Lie, Number Dont Lie"

Chavez holds records for most successful consecutive defenses of world titles (27), most title fights (37), most title-fight victories (31) and he is tied with Joe Louis for most title defenses won by knockout (21). Chávez also has the longest undefeated streak in boxing history, 13 years. His record was 89-0-1 going into his first loss to Frankie Randall and had an 87 fight win streak until his draw with Whitaker.

Again

"Men Lie, Women Lie, Number Dont Lie"

Comment

Great! That means you're capable of being objective. But, don't get me wrong. Defending Robinson is not exactly the most difficult thing to do. He was an all time great...no doubt. So, it's not exactly as if your opinion is garbage. It's conventional wisdom.

But, I guess you noticed the Floyd votes that are trickling in... rofl
              It's easy to be objective when comparing Robinson and Chavez. Chavez doesn't even come close. After winning his first 40 or so, Robinson was unbeaten (a draw or two included) for his next something like 90 after that. He beat better fighters. He beat them earlier and for longer. he was just flat out better.

There are fighters who can challenge the conventional wisdom about Robinson. Chavez isn't one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                It's easy to be objective when comparing Robinson and Chavez. Chavez doesn't even come close. After winning his first 40 or so, Robinson was unbeaten (a draw or two included) for his next something like 90 after that. He beat better fighters. He beat them earlier and for longer. he was just flat out better.

There are fighters who can challenge the conventional wisdom about Robinson. Chavez isn't one of them.
                You dont know shit about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                  You dont know shit about boxing.

Uh huh.

Comment

Originally posted by Sangre Azteca View Post
                    If Chavez would have been born American, white or black he would have been considered the GOAT long time ago.
                    /thread........

Comment

Chavez Sr was a double tough sonovabytch that was more than willing to fight anyone. He had an incredibly long prime, power in both hands, an a iron chin. The vile crooks at the WBC were so proud of him and his Mexican heretige they ripped the WBC 160lb belt from an established champion (Martinez) and gave it to Chavezs kid!

With all that said, Chavez Sr GOAT? Probably not top 20 and definitly not top 10

Comment

Working...
                      X