Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could change, remove or add a rule in boxing what would it be.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by humanpunchingbg View Post
    Draw-breakers and instant replay are a must.
    Instant replay does sound good.

Comment

Out of the Ring:
      5 or 7 Judges instead of 3

The Champ must defend his crown within 5 months to the no.1 contender

In the Ring:
      • 15 second clock rule
      A fighter cannot "run" around (the one running away) for more than 15 seconds and have to be penalized by taking away a "point"

• Clincher loses a "point"

Comment

Originally posted by fabie View Post
        Out of the Ring:
        5 or 7 Judges instead of 3

The Champ must defend his crown within 5 months to the no.1 contender

In the Ring:
        • 15 second clock rule
        A fighter cannot "run" around (the one running away) for more than 15 seconds and have to be penalized by taking away a "point"

• Clincher loses a "point"
        The extra outside the ring judges sounds good but don't know if that will help with bad decision.

Comment

Rules like that over complicate things and would distract boxers that don't hold a lot into worrying also how would you punish it as removing a point is harsh

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
            The extra outside the ring judges sounds good but don't know if that will help with bad decision.
            Well at least 5 judges is better than 3 I think....so perhaps get judges (or even get judges or boxers to be judges likewise). If the commission can pay 7 judges even better.

So 7 would be ideal. WIth "bad decisions", at the very least there's more consensus among judges instead of just 1 judge to override 2 others. In this case, if there's a 3 vs 3 and 1 judge to be the ice breaker, then perhaps it is "clearer".

Perhaps even revise what is SPLIT DECISION. Maybe eliminate it and put back the 15 rounds of boxing until someone goes down instead. Therefore eliminating or minimizing "guess work".

That's my humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by fabie View Post
              Well at least 5 judges is better than 3 I think....so perhaps get judges (or even get judges or boxers to be judges likewise). If the commission can pay 7 judges even better.

So 7 would be ideal. WIth "bad decisions", at the very least there's more consensus among judges instead of just 1 judge to override 2 others. In this case, if there's a 3 vs 3 and 1 judge to be the ice breaker, then perhaps it is "clearer".

Perhaps even revise what is SPLIT DECISION. Maybe eliminate it and put back the 15 rounds of boxing until someone goes down instead. Therefore eliminating or minimizing "guess work".

That's my humble opinion.
              I like the idea of making boxers judges.

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
                I like the idea of making boxers judges.
                well it makes practical sense, doesn't it? hehehehe

Comment

Instant replay to overturn ridiculous calls.

Comment

Working...
                  X