Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Omar Figueroa stack up against the best LWs at 135?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Omar is still a prospect. But he's a pure pressure/offensive fighter. In 1 of his latter fights, (untelevised) he got stunned badly but still won. He's 1 of my favorite fighters but I do not think he's ready for the top 5 just yet, maybe in another years. He's dynamite to watch though.
    I think I remember that fight. If it's the same one I'm thinking of he was very lucky to survive.

Comment

He's my favorite prospect, he really impressed me when I thought was his first step up vs then undefeated Michael Perez who was really just overhyped PR prospect! I just went and saw Figueroa live and he KTFO of Aurad, also was lucky enough to take a pic w/Figueroa.

And the fight you'll are talking about was vs Salcido where Figueroa was rocked but came back strong and got the W, still undefeated

Comment

Omar has some talent, also has good Power, but his defense still needs a lot of work and he is not ready for any of the top fighters in his Division just yet

Comment

Needs more defense still green as hell not ready for any of the top 5 light weights

Comment

He's good but his best win is against Perez and Perez is garbage IMO. Its hard to say how he does against Burns, Vazquez or Abril at this point. I think he probably gives them tough fights but I don't think he wins. He should fight someone like Beltran, he is a good measuring stick and always gives good fighters tough fights for the most part.

Comment

I definitely enjoy watching his fights, and I think it's about time that he steps up.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
                He's good but his best win is against Perez and Perez is garbage IMO. Its hard to say how he does against Burns, Vazquez or Abril at this point. I think he probably gives them tough fights but I don't think he wins. He should fight someone like Beltran, he is a good measuring stick and always gives good fighters tough fights for the most part.
                I think Beltran would be a step in the right direction he did just beat the Isshh out of Lundy, but I thought I read somewhere that Figueroa might be next to face Abril, we'll see what happens!

Comment

Originally posted by el_mas_chingon View Post
                  I think Beltran would be a step in the right direction he did just beat the Isshh out of Lundy, but I thought I read somewhere that Figueroa might be next to face Abril, we'll see what happens!
                  IMO Beltran Figueroa would be a good fight and would tell us a lot about Omar and where he is as a fighter. Bogere won a questionstable decision against Beltran, if anyone deserves a shot at Abril or a title in general its Beltran.

Comment

Working...
                  X