No announcement yet.

Cotto will sit out the rest of 2010 / Rumor in PR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto will sit out the rest of 2010 / Rumor in PR

After his shoulder surgery Cotto said He was going to sit out for the rest of the year, right about the same time when Uncle Bob talked about matching him with Jr in Dec.
    I thought it was weird because no one had consulted with Team Cotto in any way. I think Arum used Cotto's name to start getting people used to hearing Chavez name at that level.
    I didn't and still don't think Chavez is ready for the elite, but never had real intentions of matching Jr to Cotto.
    Cotto will sit out the rest of the year and come back the 1st quarter of 2011 against maybe Berto or Cintron.
    I'm glad Cotto is allowing time to heal and hope to see him after Christmas.
    Cintron?
    40.00%
    Berto?
    46.67%
    Yuri?
    6.67%
    Angulo?
    6.67%

The poll is expired.

That would probably do him a lot of good. You know, I would really like to see Cotto vs. Sergiy Dzinziruk, it's one of the best fights you can make at 154.

Comment

The way I see it. Seems like he's gonna take a break for the rest of the year. Not a bad idea.... Would really like to see the match against Cintron

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
        That would probably do him a lot of good. You know, I would really like to see Cotto vs. Sergiy Dzinziruk, it's one of the best fights you can make at 154.
        I agree.. this fight should happen instead of all the other fights they are exploring for Cotto.. This fight would show if Serg is a great fighter or just over rated and if Cotto has anything left in the tank and can still compete at a high level.. not to mention it would be a unification bout without any catchweights.. im all for this fight..

Comment

Arum is to much of a Snub to negotiate with all promoters. He prefers to negotiate with Arum.

Comment

doesnt this sound familiar??arum using peoples name without consulting them

Comment

Originally posted by freeloada View Post
              I agree.. this fight should happen instead of all the other fights they are exploring for Cotto.. This fight would show if Serg is a great fighter or just over rated and if Cotto has anything left in the tank and can still compete at a high level.. not to mention it would be a unification bout without any catchweights.. im all for this fight..

Exactly, that's why this is the perfect fight to make.

Comment

Less see how Arum will handle negociations. God know He has not made good business for a few years now except with Margarito who didn't deserve any big fights after his last performances and his cheating mess.
                Beside him, Arum has not been able to close the biggest fight out there and it's falling short as a promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
                  Less see how Arum will handle negociations. God know He has not made good business for a few years now except with Margarito who didn't deserve any big fights after his last performances and his cheating mess.
                  Beside him, Arum has not been able to close the biggest fight out there and it's falling short as a promoter.
                  Not true. Arum has done a good job with Cotto with his career and business wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
                    After his shoulder surgery Cotto said He was going to sit out for the rest of the year, right about the same time when Uncle Bob talked about matching him with Jr in Dec.
                    I thought it was weird because no one had consulted with Team Cotto in any way. I think Arum used Cotto's name to start getting people used to hearing Chavez name at that level.
                    I didn't and still don't think Chavez is ready for the elite, but never had real intentions of matching Jr to Cotto.
                    Cotto will sit out the rest of the year and come back the 1st quarter of 2011 against maybe Berto or Cintron.
                    I'm glad Cotto is allowing time to heal and hope to see him after Christmas.
                    That's bull**** about Cotto and his team not knowing. Cotto's lawyer and his manager have been quoted numerous times in PR papers about possibly fighting Chavez in December.

Comment

Working...
                    X