Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doug Fischer: "Whitaker & JCC are the best of the last two decades, NOT Floyd & Pac"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both Whitaker and Chavez were better in the 80s than 90s. Chavez was nearly past prime by the 90s. So given the two-decade criterion, Mayweather and Pacquiao are better.

Comment

in their prime both whitiker and chavez coulda bet may and pac thats what it comes down too

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Chavez doesn't belong in the conversation with Sweet Pea, Pac, or Floyd.

Whitaker may be better than both, though, I wouldn't disagree with that.
        Your a dumbass....go away.

Comment

well jcc was like what 100-1 in his prime..hard to argue against that

Comment

Originally posted by MASSMAN View Post
            And what really seperates JCC and Whitaker from Floyd and Pacman is that JCC and Whitaker actually fought each other when they were both P4P #1 AND #2 unlike Floyd and Pac.
            didn't like two years go by until the fight was finally made?

Comment

Disagree. From 1990-2010, Roy Jones has been better than Chavez. Of course, Roy isn't from the west coast so Dougie will disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Walterson View Post
                Why do you think this?
                Both Mayweather and Pacquaio would defeat Whitaker and Chavez at 135, 140 or 147 in their primes. Whitaker would give more resistance than Chavez but both would lose to either.

Mayweather is offensively a far superior fighter to Sweet Pea. No offense to fans of Pea, I am a fan of his as well and Mayweather could use some of Pea's heart and desire. However, Whitaker didn't have the ability to push a guy like Mosley back and take the fight to him like Floyd did.

Comment

Yea both those guys did a lot of work in the 80's but I have no issue with anyone saying those guys are btter.

I think it is a decent debate though.

Comment

Mayweather and Pac are up there with sweat pea

On legacy as a whole

Sweat Pea
                    Pacquiao
                    Chavez
                    Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by LARRYX P4P#1 View Post
                      well jcc was like what 100-1 in his prime..hard to argue against that
                      How many of those fighters did you hear of?

i love chavez but first 50 or so were who then it was stepped up

he was/is GREAT

Comment

Working...
                      X