No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Expects a Huge 2013 With Mayweather's Double

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
    The moment you said "Ortiz" you lost all credibility..Victor Ortiz beat Berto..that's it! What else did Ortiz have on his resume..how has his career gone since? Who cares if Sergio hasn't seen 154 since 2009, he'll meet you there..isn't Floyd holding a belt in that division? Then fight the big guys in the division not the cotto's of the division because honestly cotto is only at 154 because he's too lazy to fight at the weight he belongs at which is 147...and that's coming from a cotto fan...
    Say what you want about Ortiz, facts are facts. When he beat the undefeated WBC 147 Champ in Berto, he became the man at welter weight. He was the Champion, Floyd can't fight champions now???????

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
      Mosley beat margarito with the speed he had left..nothing more than that..cotto lost to margarito the first time not because of hand wraps because if you bother to look at the percentage and amount of power punches landed on him wraps or not he was goign to lose that fight.. he beat him the second time because the guy only has one working eye and was stil sanctioned for a last payday. Margarito's vice has always been speed..I can find 20 boxers right now who could've replaced mosley and done the same to margarito.
      "But Margarito woulda beat Floyd" right?

Comment

• Hes going to fight twice!!!! in 1 year? foh -_-

Comment

• Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
          Say what you want about Ortiz, facts are facts. When he beat the undefeated WBC 147 Champ in Berto, he became the man at welter weight. He was the Champion, Floyd can't fight champions now???????
          how was ortiz the man at welterweight when pacquiao was there? if ortiz was the man, why didnt a berto mayweather fight happen before that fight?

Comment

• I really hope a Pac-May fight can get done for may 5th rather than robert guerrero

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
              Not looking good for Floyd fans right now. He's going to take your money fighting an easy Guerrero UD then make videos flashing the money he made from you and retire for another year and a half. Thank goodness for high quality streams.
              If he fights Guerrero, and Floyd beats em to an easy UD, and clearly your not a Floyd fan, so why watch that fight at all? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                I really hope a Pac-May fight can get done for may 5th rather than robert guerrero
                pac wants rios not mayweather.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Victorious713 View Post
                  Anytime non boxing fans start talking about boxing, that's a buzz. There's always a buzz when Mayweather or Pacquiao fight, the only two true stars left in Boxing.

I'm watching the rockets-lakers game and there was a in-game promo for the fight done by the play by play guy. Never seen that before so it was cool to see boxing promoted like that.
                  I honestly haven't heard anybody talking about this fight. I have gotten texts or calls from family or friends saying they having a fight party and its Thursday. This fight doesn't have a buzz IMO. Not one guy at my job has started a convo about this fight while we are talking sports.

That was a paid for promo which is great like you said. But there have been times where another sports event is so interesting that the commentators mention it during a break in the action. I haven't seen or heard that either. People are tired of these guys fighting thats all it is. Not a negative or a slight against either man just people want to see something else.

Well aware that I don't represent the majority just saying its not a good look to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
                    What buzz is there for this fight with Marquez?
                    Exactly what I was thinking. I am looking forward to this fight because it's going to be the nail in Pacquiao's coffin. These guys know each other too well and both are too long in the tooth to try and go out of their element. If one of them do make some minor adjustments it will be JMM. Roach can't help Pacquiao against because he is just an offensive trainer and counter punching is an offensive fighter nightmare. Once you take Manny's speed away then his punch out put drops along with his effectiveness to connect with anything significant. Marquez is talking about going to the body. If he can find a way to wear down Pacquiao's body then he can beat Manny worst.

Comment

• Originally posted by tredh View Post
                      I honestly haven't heard anybody talking about this fight. I have gotten texts or calls from family or friends saying they having a fight party and its Thursday. This fight doesn't have a buzz IMO. Not one guy at my job has started a convo about this fight while we are talking sports.

That was a paid for promo which is great like you said. But there have been times where another sports event is so interesting that the commentators mention it during a break in the action. I haven't seen or heard that either. People are tired of these guys fighting thats all it is. Not a negative or a slight against either man just people want to see something else.

Well aware that I don't represent the majority just saying its not a good look to me.
                      there isnt no buzz for the fight because we have seen it 3 times already and people should be encouraged not to buy this ppv.

If the fans actually refuse to buy PPV and tickets, the promoters wont have much choice.

Comment

Working...
                      X