No announcement yet.

Ref Cole should've given big baby Dirrell swift kick in Detroit debacle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ref Cole should've given big baby Dirrell swift kick in Detroit debacle

It's not Sauer grapes for German promoter Wilfried Sauerland to complain about Andre Dirrell's terrible acting job, all that moaning and groaning and writhing on the canvas after getting hit right in the mouth by Arthur Abraham in Detroit.

"After a slow start, Arthur was finally landing his power punches. He clearly knocked Dirrell down in the 10th, and was following it up in the 11th. There is no way Dirrell would have seen the end of the 12th round," said Sauerland.

"The TV pictures indicate that Dirrell was down, but there is no way Arthur could have realized that in the heat of the moment. He was just trying to keep up the attack. However, Dirrell is a very good actor," said Sauerland. "We are glad that his check-up at the hospital turned out just fine, but frankly we did not expect any other outcome since he was just acting. He deserves an Oscar for his performance."

Here's the weak counterargument from Big Gary Shaw:

“Sauerland is a sourpuss. Is he Abraham’s promoter or minister of propaganda?” asked Gary Shaw, Dirrell’s promoter. “Maybe Abraham is used to having his partners fake it, but thanks to SHOWTIME, the world witnessed not just Abraham’s heinous act, but a multitude of replays from every angle showing that Abraham was looking at Andre while he was down on the canvas before deliberately unleashing his illegal blow. As far as I’m concerned, Abraham is a coward and his promoter is an enabler. It was a desperate act by a desperate man.”

Sourpuss, sour pickle, sauerkraut...what's the difference when you can have braunschweiger, my friends?

I agree 100 percent with Herr Wilfried. But the only "Oscar" Dirrell should get is an Oscar Meyer weiner for his hot dog routine.

Maybe that was a "fake" brain scan they gave Dirrell during a three hour hospital stay. According to the suspicious Sauerland, doctors should have been testing the Flint resident for streoid use rather than checking out his brain.

Andre Direll writhes in pain (yeah, sure) after getting clocked with supposedly illegal blow while he was on one knee after a slip. Whatever, because that right to the jaw was King Artie's most effective punch of the night in a bout in which he was cut, bruised and losing on all three scorecards (AP Photo)

So what if Abraham's "KO punch" came when Dirrell, having slipped, was on his knees? I mean, doesn't the referee always tell boxers to protect themselves at all times?

Sauerland is no sore loser here, no way.

He's making the valid point that one fighter should be allowed to whack an opponent as long as the foe is actually somewhere inside the ring.

Not even Sauerland would (I don't think) countenance one boxer hitting a foe while said foe is laying outside the ropes on the ring apron or taking a nap in the press section.

Shame, shame, shame on Dirrell.

He never called for a time out.

I see Sauerland's point.

If it was a show in Germany, the referee would have joined in, given Dirrell a swfit kick or something after Abraham's illegal but effective punch.

I'm not kidding. I saw a Spanish referee lift one of Sauerland's fighters off the canvas and carry him back to his corner to avoid a KO loss one time.

Now, that's what I call solid refereeing and beneficial for the home promoter as well.

What the hell was Laurence Cole, the ref in Detroit, doing swiftly calling Dirrell a winner by DQ?

What he should've done was to have cracked the kneeling Dirrell with a left hook right after Abraham landed his best single blow in 11 rounds, a right to the jaw.

That phoney baloney I'm in pain, he fouled me routine Dirrell went into to...well, what do you expect from a fighter who was well ahead on all three scorecards and could have only lost by a clean KO?

Clearly, being ahead as much as seven points on one scorecard, Dirrell was a desperate fighter when he went into his artificial swan dive to the floor.

This scandal requires immediate attention.

Again, all this could've been averted had lazy ref Cole given Dirrell a timely kick in the family jewels.

That would've made Dirrell, this terrible thespian, know what real pain feels like.

And where's the Michigan boxing commission?

Who will now bring their fighters to this state where you can't even get a victory just because you clobber a man who is already on the canvas?

Only the ring is square?

Not in Michigan, where Abraham's awesome punch was somehow branded a dirty deed.

Mr. Sauerland, let me know where I may sign your petition.

Only sissies win on fouls and only babies want the rules applied in world title bouts.

Sauerland takes real talk, real sense.

It's Big Gary Shaw who is the bloviating blowhard.

He even hugged Dirrell when the fighter finally got to his feet.

This is boxing, Shawtime, we've got no time for hugging and crying.

I'm betting Mr. McMahon will reverse Cole's donkey dumb ruling in a heartbeat.

As for "Matrix" Dirrell, many a tear has to fall but it's all in the game.

Next time you might try to man up instead of being such a weeping willow.

If you had never slipped, Andre, you couldn't have been hit while you were down. You put yourself in this precarious position, son, with sloppy footwork.

Even Jim Gray on Showtime did not mention that.

But, no worry, Sauerland's big broom will clean up this mess and pronto.

Rules you say? Don't talk to me about rules.

Rules are merely meant to be guidelines. Rules are for fools.

Link

Thanks for the link. With that site blocked I am 1 step closer to an intelligent internet.

Comment

Working...
    X