No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chad Dawson Down To 178, Expects No Weight Issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chad Dawson Down To 178, Expects No Weight Issues

A lot has been made of Chad Dawson's move down to 168 pounds for his September 8th fight against WBC/WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward. We welcomed the reigning WBC light heavyweight champion to a recent edition of The Boxing Lab, BoxingScene's official podcast to discuss the upcoming fight.

Dawson insists that he won't have any problems making weight. He also said that he feels 168 is a more natural weight for him than 175.

[Click Here To Read More]

Damn... down to 178?
    lol, but good for him

Comment

I don't think the weight will effect him negatively.

This will come down to who's the better fighter.

Comment

IMO, I think Dawson will need a KO to beat him in Oakland

Comment

Originally posted by I am evol View Post
          IMO, I think Dawson will need a KO to beat him in Oakland
          As a Dawson fan who wants him to win, this post is bullsh-t.

Yes, Ward got some really good treatment by fighting in his hometown in the Super 6. But he absolutely kicked everyone's ass and left no doubt who the winner was.

So people need to stop with the BS about Ward and Oakland like he's gotten a questionable decision there. He's outclassed every one he's fought. Even Froch in NJ.

Comment

Damn... all the posts were deleted. We had a good discussion going on in here.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              As a Dawson fan who wants him to win, this post is bullsh-t.

Yes, Ward got some really good treatment by fighting in his hometown in the Super 6. But he absolutely kicked everyone's ass and left no doubt who the winner was.

So people need to stop with the BS about Ward and Oakland like he's gotten a questionable decision there. He's outclassed every one he's fought. Even Froch in NJ.
              Alright man,we'll see when they fight and scratching your head at why the scores were so wide

Comment

Ward is going to dominate Dawson all the way to a lopsided UD.

Comment

I got Chad Dawson via UD. Probably 116-112 or 115-113. Pretty close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                    I got Chad Dawson via UD. Probably 116-112 or 115-113. Pretty close fight.
                    How much you want to bet?

Comment

Working...
                    X