Why Do People Still Defend Gamboa?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HolyGhost View Post
    Are you serious?

Aren't you aware that a worker in a clinic in Florida blew the wistle on him and other pro athletes of getting juiced there?

This guy Gamboa should be suspended for cheating.
    there is nothing obvious about the Gamboa situation he wasn't "getting juiced there" you don't have enough info to go on you're just assuming because of the BALCO scandal thinking this is the same situation but its not

I will admit it doesn't look good for Gamboa though
    Last edited by Phenom; 02-15-2013, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Innocent until proven guilty.

I forgot to qoute the dude who said his alleged steroid use could kill some one... Any boxer on roids or not could kill some one if you can sustain a beating long enough or hit someone perfectly you'll kill them. Since when the **** does taking something to improve your physical condition make you deadly I forgot they made peds that make you punch harder Gtfo.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
        this sounds like a load of BS and excuses. They're both cheaters......

inb4 Margarito
        Originally posted by thuggery View Post
        Medical backing???? No....just no. Bloody cheaters, both of em are.

"Medical backing" is a cop out excuse that will be used in the future of these drug cheats if we let these things slide.

So in other words you don't care that he had medical evidence and paperwork showing that a doctor prescribed the meds for him? So we're just ignoring facts now huh? What advantage did his testosterone pellets give him? No need for me to make excuses man, that's what happened whether you like it or not. I swear this site gets worse everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          So in other words you don't care that he had medical evidence and paperwork showing that a doctor prescribed the meds for him? So we're just ignoring facts now huh? What advantage did his testosterone pellets give him? No need for me to make excuses man, that's what happened whether you like it or not. I swear this site gets worse everyday.
          We don't know exactly, his fight got cancelled for being a cheater.

"Oh I don't mind that my opponent is on steroids, he has a "medical backing" so it's all good, I don't mind at all."

Comment

We don't know exactly, his fight got cancelled for being a cheater.

"Oh I don't mind that my opponent is on steroids, he has a "medical backing" so it's all good, I don't mind at all."
            His fight got cancelled cause he popped positive and didn't let the commission know what he was taking. Had he went the correct route then he'd have been ok. Instead he was dumb about the situation and got in trouble for it. I have no problem whatsoever if he'd have been stripped of both titles, suspended, and the fight against Khan being overturned, it would of served him right. However, i'm not so blind like it seems many posters on here are that i'll deny the facts and what actually happened just because you don't personally like a fighter. I swear dudes on here have female like attitudes. smh.

Comment

His fight got cancelled cause he popped positive and didn't let the commission know what he was taking. Had he went the correct route then he'd have been ok. Instead he was dumb about the situation and got in trouble for it. I have no problem whatsoever if he'd have been stripped of both titles, suspended, and the fight against Khan being overturned, it would of served him right. However, i'm not so blind like it seems many posters on here are that i'll deny the facts and what actually happened just because you don't personally like a fighter. I swear dudes on here have female like attitudes. smh.
              You think they'd let him fight knowing he was pumped full of testosterone, an anabolic hormone? I don't care if my opponent had some type of "deficiency", the moment I hear he was getting testosterone put into his body from an outside source is the moment when I no longer want to fight him. I think other fighters would feel the same way.

I was one of the few Peterson defenders after his fight against Khan where everyone basically said he got away with a robbery, but after learning learning about his legitimacy I no longer hold that vote. There's a reason he didn't tell the commission why he was getting steroid hormones pumped into his body..

Comment

Wait..... you do realize doctors prescribe not only testosterone but steroids all the time right?

It doesn't matter, the guy took a banned substance that could possibly give him a competitive edge. That's all there is to it.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                  Wait..... you do realize doctors prescribe not only testosterone but steroids all the time right?

It doesn't matter, the guy took a banned substance that could possibly give him a competitive edge. That's all there is to it.
                  Who's denying that he took anything? He got in trouble cause he didn't inform the commission. Had he went the correct route he could of gotten one of those exemption letters. Low testosterone is actually quite common, just yesterday I was hearing commercials on the radio of treatments for those who have low levels. Honestly the only reason we are hearing about it is because he didn't go through the proper channels. Would you stop supporting other fighters like say a JMM if it came out that he also was taking the same thing but he actually went through the channels and had an exemption?

Comment

You think they'd let him fight knowing he was pumped full of testosterone, an anabolic hormone? I don't care if my opponent had some type of "deficiency", the moment I hear he was getting testosterone put into his body from an outside source is the moment when I no longer want to fight him. I think other fighters would feel the same way.

I was one of the few Peterson defenders after his fight against Khan where everyone basically said he got away with a robbery, but after learning learning about his legitimacy I no longer hold that vote. There's a reason he didn't tell the commission why he was getting steroid hormones pumped into his body..
                    You act like it was giving him abnormally high levels of testosterone when in fact the medical evidence shows that it only brought his levels up to that of a normal guy his age. If I were scheduled to fight a guy and they had the the paperwork in order and the facts to back that he was taking the medicine and it in no way gave him an edge then i'd still fight him.

Comment

Who's denying that he took anything? He got in trouble cause he didn't inform the commission. Had he went the correct route he could of gotten one of those exemption letters. Low testosterone is actually quite common, just yesterday I was hearing commercials on the radio of treatments for those who have low levels. Honestly the only reason we are hearing about it is because he didn't go through the proper channels. Would you stop supporting other fighters like say a JMM if it came out that he also was taking the same thing but he actually went through the channels and had an exemption?
                      Absolutely, I'm not going to sit here and support a filthy cheater. I have more respect for the sport of boxing than to make excuses and turn blind eye just because I like the guy. Peterson cheated and i'll never forgive him for that and neither will real unbias fans.

inb4 Margarito

Comment

Working...
                      X