No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko's Trainer Not Happy With Povetkin-Chagaev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Klitschko's Trainer Not Happy With Povetkin-Chagaev

Emanuel Steward, trainer of WBO/IBO/WBA/IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko, is not happy with today's bout in Germany between Alexander Povetkin and Ruslan Chagaev. The two Eastern Euro boxers will clash for the WBA's vacant "regular" heavyweight title.

[Click Here To Read More]

This is so obvious and just another reason to go with day before weigh ins and 17 weight classes which continue to water down the sport and prevent the casual fan from knowing who the real champs are. There can be only ONE world champion per weight class. We all know Wlad is the champ. With or without the WBA's recognition he is going to be seen as such and make money regardless. The question is, why does he or any fighter who is seen as the rightful champion continue to pay these sanctioning fee's and feed into the alphabet soup organizations bullshit? Fighters make the title, the title doesn't make the fighter. And until these guys stop supporting the fallacy of super champion, champion emeritus, diamond champion, regular champion and every other crap title these thieves can think of, the sport will be worse off.

It's about time the fighters took a stand and got behind The Ring rankings only and not only saved themselves these ridiculous fee's, but help make the sport more reliable and consistent in the eyes of casual fans.

Comment

The only belt woth taking notice of is the ring belt. The other belts are just worthless nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        This is so obvious and just another reason to go with day before weigh ins and 17 weight classes which continue to water down the sport and prevent the casual fan from knowing who the real champs are. There can be only ONE world champion per weight class. We all know Wlad is the champ. With or without the WBA's recognition he is going to be seen as such and make money regardless. The question is, why does he or any fighter who is seen as the rightful champion continue to pay these sanctioning fee's and feed into the alphabet soup organizations bullshit? Fighters make the title, the title doesn't make the fighter. And until these guys stop supporting the fallacy of super champion, champion emeritus, diamond champion, regular champion and every other crap title these thieves can think of, the sport will be worse off.

It's about time the fighters took a stand and got behind The Ring rankings only and not only saved themselves these ridiculous fee's, but help make the sport more reliable and consistent in the eyes of casual fans.
        I agree 100%. Same day weigh-ins, less weight classes and only one champ would be awesome.

Comment

This super & regular stuff is a joke! It's a final eliminator in my eyes. Wlad is the champ not winner of this. It's all for sanctioning fees.it is killing the sport!

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

I agree this needs to happen but the reality is there will always be lesser fighters willing to hold some B.S. trinket and pay sanctioning fees to inflate their ego and pretend to be a "World Champion" E.G. David Haye.

I wish Rocchigiani had let the WBC go bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
              I agree this needs to happen but the reality is there will always be lesser fighters willing to hold some B.S. trinket and pay sanctioning fees to inflate their ego and pretend to be a "World Champion" E.G. David Haye.

I wish Rocchigiani had let the WBC go bankrupt.
              If the best fighters all dropped their paper titles the organizations would lose their credibility and lesser fighters would eventually follow suit rendering the ABC's all but useless. That of course requires fighters to travel a tougher road and is one of the reasons fighters today are seen as soft in comparison to past greats, because they lack the commitment to do so. Its a shame but these groups have their hooks so deep in they have practically brainwashed fighters into believing their product is something of value when it is the exact opposite that is true. This all is Im sure a pipe dream on my part and just to much to wish for, but I can dream.

Oh, and Im 100% with you on the Rocchigiani thing. That would have been a huge plus for the sport in the ling run and a kick in the ass to the other ABC groups.

Comment

every real boxing fan knows that the winner of Povetkin-Chagaev isn't the real champion just like Brandon Rios isn't,total joke! at least the WBO don't create a regular title when they elevate their champion to Super status.

Comment

Agreed, this is just a BS way to get Povetkin a belt. I can't believe Chagaev is going from fighting an 8 round fight he almost lost to fighting for the bogus fake "championship".

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
                    I can't believe Chagaev is going from fighting an 8 round fight he almost lost to fighting for the bogus fake "championship".
                    I can, sadly.

Sometimes I feel like boxing is chipping away my soul, piece by piece.

Comment

Working...
                    X