Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has a better resume: Frazier or Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
    Well i look at it like this.......... Joe Frazier beat Ali decisively the first time and Muhammad Ali only won the second fight because he was allowed to hold excessively AND the most important aspect was that the fight was only a 12 rounder. Joe was starting to smoke just as that fight was ending and Ali was looking very tired imo.

The 3rd fight is a bit of a smoke screen to because if not for Frazier's corner he may have won the fight because apparently Ali did not want to carry on, where as Joe was ready and willing to go, but the decision was taken out of his hands.
    Can't make excuses for Joe. He signed for the fight to be 12 rounds. And he was losing the 3rd fight. Ali might not have continued but it is what it is...

Comment

Well i look at it like this.......... Joe Frazier beat Ali decisively the first time and Muhammad Ali only won the second fight because he was allowed to hold excessively AND the most important aspect was that the fight was only a 12 rounder. Joe was starting to smoke just as that fight was ending and Ali was looking very tired imo.

The 3rd fight is a bit of a smoke screen to because if not for Frazier's corner he may have won the fight because apparently Ali did not want to carry on, where as Joe was ready and willing to go, but the decision was taken out of his hands.
      the third fight was as convincing as any, both men were tested that night. had Joe won the last round on the judges scorecards ali would have still won the fight, so your agruement doesnt hold much weight. The last couple of rounds before the stoppage Ali was really coming on strong and busting Joe up. I think it was already confirmed that Ali never said he didnt want to continue. That's just adding to the dramatics. If he had one arm chopped off he still would have come out because he knew he won the fight.

And i think everyone can agree that Joe Frazier did not beat a prime Ali, which is not to take anything away from Joe's win.

Comment

If tyson was in the frazier era i would say tyson would have the better resume...the fact is i dont think tysons era was as high standard as fraziers , but i dont blame tyson for that

Comment

Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
          If tyson was in the frazier era i would say tyson would have the better resume...the fact is i dont think tysons era was as high standard as fraziers , but i dont blame tyson for that
          tyson would be great in any era. people that say he wouldnt are just underating his talents and bring up his losses to validate their pathetic reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
            But lookin at the opponents stacked up...Tyson has Spinks, Berbick, Ruddock, Pinklon Thomas, old Larry Holmes...

I think it could be Frazier but its closer than some would admit...

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Nights View Post
              the third fight was as convincing as any, both men were tested that night. had Joe won the last round on the judges scorecards ali would have still won the fight, so your agruement doesnt hold much weight. The last couple of rounds before the stoppage Ali was really coming on strong and busting Joe up. I think it was already confirmed that Ali never said he didnt want to continue. That's just adding to the dramatics. If he had one arm chopped off he still would have come out because he knew he won the fight.

And i think everyone can agree that Joe Frazier did not beat a prime Ali, which is not to take anything away from Joe's win.

It does if you take into account that the judges cards might be official but its not always accurate.

Comment

It does if you take into account that the judges cards might be official but its not always accurate.
                ali won the third fight fair and square. It was a tko victory, very justified. i think the only one who would have been in danger in the 15th round is frazier not Ali. watch rounds 13 and then 14 and tell me it aint so.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Nights View Post
                  ali won the third fight fair and square. It was a tko victory, very justified. i think the only one who would have been in danger in the 15th round is frazier not Ali. watch rounds 13 and then 14 and tell me it aint so.
                  Ali was in the ascendancy but that does not mean all that much, if you are in the ascendancy because you just shot your bolt in the previous two rounds, not saying that IS the case but you dont know what would of happened in those remaining rounds.

I see, Ali beat Joe fair and square but when Joe beats Ali, Ali is shot, that sounds fair.

BTW it was not over dramatizing anything after the fact, they were getting ready to cut Ali's gloves off apparently.
                  Last edited by Dynamite Kid; 06-19-2009, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Ali was in the ascendancy but that does not mean all that much, if you are in the ascendancy because you just shot your bolt in the previous two rounds, not saying that IS the case but you dont know what would of happened in those remaining rounds.

I see, Ali beat Joe fair and square but when Joe beats Ali, Ali is shot, that sounds fair.

BTW it was not over dramatizing anything after the fact, they were getting ready cut Ali's gloves off apparently.
                    i never said ali was shot....? where you get that? i said he was past his prime which he really was, he was shot against holmes and berbick, but the version against frazier and foreman was not a peak ali, but at that stage he was still better than almost everybody else in the 70s.

Dundee already confirmed what a load of crap that was. You watch documentaries what do you really expect? Half of it is Hollywood anyway, real life is much more boring my friend. What a poetry piece that is, life and death struggle, and in the last round one fighter doesnt come out right before the other one was ready to quit. Sounds very Shakespearean like. It was the last round, 3 minutes, a fighter like Ali is not gonna bail out when there are 3 minutes left on the clock. Those last rounds Joe did nothing except catch shots flush on the chin, he was out on his feet.

Comment

Working...
                    X