No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko Drops Povetkin Four Times, Wins Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Klitschko Drops Povetkin Four Times, Wins Decision

Olympic Stadium, Moscow, Russia - In a battle of Olympic champions, WBA/IBO/IBF/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (61-3, 52KOs) won a twelve round unanimous decision over previously undefeated mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin (26-1, 18KOs). All three judges had it 119-104.

When the fight began, Povetkin came out swinging and forced Wladimir to clinch often on the inside. It took Klitschko a little while to get his famous jab going. During the second round, Wladimir scored a knockdown after landing a hard hook that put Povetkin off-balance and down. Most of the rounds that continued had Povetkin charging in with punches and Klitschko holding him on the inside and pushing his weight down on the Russian challenger.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Klitschko should have been DQ'd for all that clinching and leaning, its a very deliberate tactic that he gets away with.

Comment

Wlad just too much for the Russian but, too much holding for my liking.

Comment

I think he dropped him once, and pushed him thrice.

Comment

Credit to Wlad he did what he had to do. However, the ref did a terrible job, allowed Klitschko to clinch and lean on Povetkin far, far to often, that point off should have come a lot sooner than it did.

Comment

Povetkin had a 240lb weight on his neck. He had no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
              Klitschko should have been DQ'd for all that clinching and leaning, its a very deliberate tactic that he gets away with.
              absolutely, quite embarrassing when a man of that size has to use such cheap and illegal tactics.

the leaning and pushing down on the neck is ILLEGAL

excessive holding illegal

Comment

'You dont know how much you meant to me, when ever your down you know that you can LEAN ON ME, no matter the situation girl I'M GONNA HOLD YOU DOWNNNN.

Fxxking disgraceful refing, Klitschko sucks **** man.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
                  I think he dropped him once, and pushed him thrice.
                  I agree the knockdown in round 2 was legit but all the knockdowns in round 7 were punches followed by shoves/pushes. The ref was extremely weak, the point deductions should have come way sooner, I'm not saying Povetkin would have won but that was not fair officiating by any stretch.
                  Last edited by NaijaD; 10-05-2013, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie17 View Post
                    Credit to Wlad he did what he had to do.
                    Right. And credit to Povetkin - it was a long time ago I saw a fearless guy still trying to catch Wlad in a 12th round.

Comment

Working...
                    X