No announcement yet.

Poll: Is Marcos Maidana underrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MeatCurtain View Post
    Danny Garcia went life and death with Morales after Maidana, and almost knocked out by a washed up Zab.

See what I did there?

The Morales and Corley fights weren't even close.Maidana got hit like usual, beat them both up and won a fairly wide UD in both fights. People fantasize about a couple high moments in those fights and go nuts with it. Especially the Morales fight.Morales fought all of 20 seconds each rd, and had success when he did. Othere then that he didn't do ****.

I'm not even going to get into the clinch fest vs Alexander. Poor showing by Maidana in his first 147 fight. He's clearly learned what to do when being held, and has just became a better, more rounded fighter since getting with Garcia.

The problem is people like you don't know how to judge him because he is awkward, doesn't look pretty when he punches, and puts defense second. That's not a hit on you, because most people are the same way. It's the classic case of an awkward fighter not getting credit. Martinez, while a very different fighter is very awkward and unorthodox in his own right, and people still struggle to give him credit with all he has done.

When a guy who has been consistently in the top 5 for years is being consistently called a d fighter, a bum, there is something wrong there.

HE'S CLEARLY UNDERRATED.
    right on brother.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
      This is the guy that Floyd fans will point to and say "Before the fight you were all saying that Maidana will beat Floyd and now are saying that Maidana was a cherry pick"

but

the truth is, just like with every fight out there. You will always get these kind of posters that go against the odds and reality .... but the majority gave Maidana very little chance to beat Floyd.
      I wont say that. Thats why I singled him out because he's going hard on it. Its like there is a flip side to what you are saying and that is posters like him will try to group themselves with people like you in saying that knew Floyd would killl him and he was an ultimate cherry pick. I respect that view from the guys who have said it from day 1 but I wont from him

Comment

Maidana is the type of fighter no one should underestimate.. His will and determination alone is second to none.

Comment

Yes he is vastly underrated. Mostly by guys that dont understand pure boxers dont win every time out. Also in the list of underraters are guys that see a fight and treat a fighter like a constant definition instead of acknowledging a guy like Maidana is ever changing from fight to fight as he progresses.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
            I wont say that. Thats why I singled him out because he's going hard on it. Its like there is a flip side to what you are saying and that is posters like him will try to group themselves with people like you in saying that knew Floyd would killl him and he was an ultimate cherry pick. I respect that view from the guys who have said it from day 1 but I wont from him
            OK no problem then ..... but just like him, there are quite a few Floyd fans that do what I stated. just saying.

Comment

Maidana is that itch. That itch that won't go away. The more you scratch the more it spreads. That itch that turns into the Bubonic Plague. War Chino.

Comment

Yes. He is much better than he was a few years ago and he was damn good then. He is a natural born fighter with a giant heart. He trains hard and he is always improving. He probably will lose most of the rounds to Mayweather but he will give Mayweather a good fight and still be trying to knock Mayweather's head off in the 12th round. Khan would probably be KOed by Mayweather in 6 rounds or less. Floyd made the right choice by fighting a fellow welterweight champion instead of a guy that lost two of his last four fights and could not knock down Diaz who has been knocked out 5 times.

Comment

maidana is a world champion, with a huge punch. mayweather is going to have to give it his all to best him. i'd say he beats most welterweights for sure. although i do think broner beats him in the rematch

Comment

Maidana is a little bit overrated tbh, it's just that Broner was overrated more than seemingly possible. Maidana is an overachiever, and I'm always a fan of those types, but he still has those flaws that he won't be able to shake.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                      Maidana is a little bit overrated tbh, it's just that Broner was overrated more than seemingly possible. Maidana is an overachiever, and I'm always a fan of those types, but he still has those flaws that he won't be able to shake.
                      iMHO I think the Soto Karass win was the biggest of his career. Thats a BIG dude. Should be 154 all day. Maidana is prime to beat some ass. Hope its on old boy May.

Comment

Working...
                      X