Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people not pushing Manny/Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because he's too small. Except when you mention PEDs. Then he's the same size as Floyd because apparently they weighed the same at age 16.

Comment

has manny fought at 154??? kinda confused here..

Comment

Originally posted by iNDOSMOKE View Post
        has manny fought at 154??? kinda confused here..
        He won the WBC jr middleweight title.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          He won the WBC jr middleweight title.
          at what weight again???

Comment

has martinez ever fought at 147???

Comment

Originally posted by iNDOSMOKE View Post
              has martinez ever fought at 147???
              Martinez said he's willing to come to 150.

Comment

that fight isnt gonna happen. pacman is a junior welterweight fighting at welterweight as it is.

Comment

Because who the hell expects Pacquiao to take that risk? I'd love to see it, no matter what happened, but I understand why he won't and I also realize he no longer cares enough to fight someone that would be a decided favorite over him.

The inner Pac fan in me hopes he takes that risk before he retires, but I sure as hell don't expect it, so why would I bother pushing for it? Floyd's in far better position to take that risk.

Comment

Doubt either Floyd or Manny fights Sergio. Floyd going to 154 is enough and he won't even be close to 154 for that fight. Both Floyd and Manny aren't big people by nature if anyone has actually been in front of them. If Floyd's going to fight Martinez, he's gonna have to fight him at 160. As I've said in the past, Sergio tends to flip flop about what weight he can actually make. He said he'd go down to 150 for Pacquiao, but then says he'd fight Cotto at 157 because he wasn't sure about making 154 healthy anymore. I think Sergio will say what he can to at least negotiate the fight, and THEN you will see talks of a 157 catchweight (ala Oscar vs Hopkins).

Comment

After Manny was hurt by Margarito's body punches his people decided that it was to risky for a natural lightweight to take the punches of much heavier fighters. They said he would fight anyone at 147 but not one ounce more. That seems clear and reasonable to me.They realize he has no business fighting over 147 and do not want any 154lb tittle.That means if Floyd or Cotto or anyone else wants to fight him at more than 147 the answer is no.That is not ducking anyone but setting a limit on the weight he will compete at. Floyd is a much bigger fighter than Manny so it is easier for him to fight at 154. If Floyd and Manny ever fight at 147 I think Floyd will enter the ring 5 to 9 lbs. heavier than Manny.Ray Robinson at age 32 tried to win the 175 lb tittle and did not come out for the 13th round so he lost by TKO. He won and lost the 160 lb tittle a few times over the next few years but he never again fought at 175 and no one ever criticized him for that. Why are you holding Pac to a higher standard than S.R.R. ?

Comment

Working...
                      X