No announcement yet.

So Taylor-Froch is happening?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Technical_Skill View Post
    How is froch gonna get past taylors jab and right hand? lets be honest, his defensive skills arent that great.
    Like his right hand is deadly or something?

Taylor hasn't scored a TKO in 4 years. His last TKO was over a guy with only 16 fights. His wins over Hopkins were controversial. He drew with Winky Wright and got a split decision over Spinks. Got KO'd by Pavlik (who probably has similar power to Froch). he has a KO percentage of just above 50%. Ouma isn't a great win.

I could go on.

Bottom line is he ain't knocking Froch out. Carl has nothing to worry about at all. In fact the more I think about it, the more I see Froch winning.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
      I favour Taylor if he finds an effective way of attacking Froch and getting out of there. Froch has a wierd wide stance. Both have pretty decent chins and power, but probably more so for Froch. I also think Frochs reaction in deep trouble would be to lash out, whereas sometimes if properly hurt Taylor can back off or pause like Dawson did occasionally with Johnson. So that could be a factor if Carl manages to catch him enough.

I'd actually like to see Taylor win this by TKO to shut Froch up a bit. Winning a vacant belt then losing it right away would be hilarious given how he's been running his mouth as if he's such a famous top boxer.

I stand by the fact, if Carl has Taylor and Kessler within 18 months, I guarantee he'll have one loss on his record.
      Looking at what froch has achieved do you not think he is a top boxer?

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
        I'd actually like to see Taylor win this by TKO to shut Froch up a bit. Winning a vacant belt then losing it right away would be hilarious given how he's been running his mouth as if he's such a famous top boxer.
        I agree, Kris. I can't stand Froch and I sincerely hope Taylor smashes him to bits. I just don't see it happening. If Taylor wins, it will not be easily.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

His defense is poor, but his chin is HARD, so it makes up for it. He also has a very good jab when he uses it.

Comment

i see taylor winning by clear ud...

Comment

If Taylor has good stamina he wins this wide UD. Taylor is fast and has a great jab and i always said a good jabber takes Froch apart.

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
                Like his right hand is deadly or something?

Taylor hasn't scored a TKO in 4 years. His last TKO was over a guy with only 16 fights. His wins over Hopkins were controversial. He drew with Winky Wright and got a split decision over Spinks. Got KO'd by Pavlik (who probably has similar power to Froch). he has a KO percentage of just above 50%. Ouma isn't a great win.

I could go on.
                Taylor nearly had pavlik done in a few rounds, and pascal had froch on the backfoot at times, i think accumulation of punches could really hurt froch, rather than the one punch. If i had to bet i would go with froch going the full 12, but taylor has better footwork and has results against a higher calibre of opponent than froch. Froch's defense on basic jabs and leads will get him into trouble in this fight.
                [/QUOTE]

Comment

I got Taylor by UD, I re watched the Pascal Froch fight and i had it 6 rounds to 5 and 1 even for Froch i thought it was a very close fight i cant believe those score cards, I think Taylor will win the opening rounds like Pascal did but i think Froch will win some of the latter rounds. I see Taylor winning a clear UD but Froch does have the power to hurt Taylor.
                  And to the poster that said Pascal struggled with Pitman i have seen that fight and Pitman won only 2 rounds and Pitman was knocked down in the 2nd, he did hurt him in the 7th that was because Pascal moved his head straight back and then won the 8th but outside of that Pascall dominated that one.
                  Last edited by Davros?; 02-08-2009, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Taylor nearly had pavlik done in a few rounds
                    Yeah. With the elbow that he hit him with.

Comment

Hehe, I've realise you and I have mis understandings with the context of which were speaking. When you said Kessler hasn't beaten elite fighters, I explained the meaning of elite is the best of a group, so factually Kessler has.

Now if were talking about p4p which people forget is a mythical ranking of boxers at different weights, then no he hasn't.

When I said top I also could have made myself clearer that I did indeed mean p4p, but more just 'name' and prestige. Carl Froch is none of those things and his quotes suggest he really does think he is. He's beaten far worse opposition and faired worse a lot of the time.

He's just won a vacant belt by difficult decision, and now he's talking of not needing Calzaghe, having numerous big fights ahead, everyone wants him, and Pavlik will be in the future. Christ, Taylors dragged his heels into this fight as Carls not much of a name or proven belt holder, Pavlik's a MW coming of a dominating loss to Hopkins, and what else is there?

Guy is way to big for his boots and is going to get embarrassed at times by Taylor and possibly lose. Kessler canes him all day. His future isn't so bright to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X