Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Who is Bob Arum Fooling? He is Full of ****!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    I'm not talking about the past... Both camps share the blame over the years, but at this very moment, the ball is in Floyd's hands and everyone involved is out of big name fights except for each other
    thats only true if bob is willing to let manny sign the contract floyd offers i dont see how its in his court if they dont accept it or his terms which actually are not very crazy

Comment

If this was the earlier negotiations, I wouldn't make an issue out of Floyd's statement, but when it's been five years, both guys are all out of marquee PPv worthy names ie mosely, Oscar, hatton, canelo, cotto, Marquez, and Floyd is making statements like these with all the crap over the last five years it hardly seems he wants to make this fight now...

Both sides have milked all the possible money they can ie algieri, rios, Bradley 2, Ortiz, ghost, etc...
      Honestly, I expect a very contentious negotiation at the least. I think Bob and FMJ hate each other. Mayweather's interview was not tactful but Bob stating that fighting on Cinco De Mayo is disrespectful was dumb as hell considering he has had fights on those dates without a Mexican headliner. Trusting Arum's intentions are honorable are the last thing I would do. When Freddie Roach has to beg for Arum to negotiate a fight with FMJ for Manny, something is wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
        thats only true if bob is willing to let manny sign the contract floyd offers i dont see how its in his court if they dont accept it or his terms which actually are not very crazy
        It's crazy to say it's showtime only, and no HBO... That's a pretty big issue, considering it's only floyd worried about..

Let floyd offer a 60/40 deal, at mgm, co promotion between showtime and hbo, and I'm 100% certain this fight gets made...

But instead Floyd will probably offer 80/20, mgm, no HBO, and the fight won't happen

Comment

• Originally posted by MayMosPeaHop View Post
          Honestly, I expect a very contentious negotiation at the least. I think Bob and FMJ hate each other. Mayweather's interview was not tactful but Bob stating that fighting on Cinco De Mayo is disrespectful was dumb as hell considering he has had fights on those dates without a Mexican headliner. Trusting Arum's intentions are honorable are the last thing I would do. When Freddie Roach has to beg for Arum to negotiate a fight with FMJ for Manny, something is wrong.
          Arum delayed this fight, no doubt, because he was busy milking as much cash out of manny as he could, but now the well is dry, and arum knows that manny's days are numbered and it's now or never for the floyd fight...

Arum is just talking out of both sides of his mouth... He is trying to make floyd-manny on cinco but at the same time trying to keep camp canelo happy so he can make the cotto fight... Two-faced Bob... But he does want to cash out manny vs floyd right now

Comment

Floyd can't make an hbo fight without showtimes permission... True...
            But showtime is giving permission, and wants to do a co promotion with HBO, and Floyd would be allowed to do so, but Floyd has to sign off as well and he ain't... Even though showtime wants him to...

Like I said,, if your right and showtime is the boss, then this fight either gets made in May, or floyd does another retirement
            You really think they would give that kind of power to Floyd so that Floyd can walkd over to HBO and make a dealFuck no, Showtime is going to step in and look for their own interest and take charge in deal with HBO and then make Floyd an offer at the end.

Unfortunatley if Arum stands firm on No for May 2nd then how can they negiatate?

Again. The networks are contacting Bob, Floyd is calling him and Packie out, Both Floyd and Packie are available, the problem, Arum stands firm no go for May 2nd.

Comment

• Originally posted by littlemac View Post
              You really think they would give that kind of power to Floyd so that Floyd can walkd over to HBO and make a dealFuck no, Showtime is going to step in and look for their own interest and take charge in deal with HBO and then make Floyd an offer at the end.

Unfortunatley if Arum stands firm on No for May 2nd then how can they negiatate?

Again. The networks are contacting Bob, Floyd is calling him and Packie out, Both Floyd and Packie are available, the problem, Arum stands firm no go for May 2nd.
              What are you talking about.,,

Of course showtime isn't going to make him a free agent, and he isn't just gonna jump ship to hbo,,, but when showtime is wants to work with HBO, and then floyd declares it has to be showtime only, then it looks bad on Floyd's part..

Showtime and Floyd are 50/50 partners and neither controls the other, but both need to be in agreement on Floyd's opponents.. Both floyd and showtime have to agree to the opponent, and showtime has agreed to work with HBO and manny, and Floyd gives an interview saying it has to be showtime only.... It makes no sense, except it's a ducking tactic

Comment

What are you talking about.,,

Of course showtime isn't going to make him a free agent, and he isn't just gonna jump ship to hbo,,, but when showtime is wants to work with HBO, and then floyd declares it has to be showtime only, then it looks bad on Floyd's part..

Showtime and Floyd are 50/50 partners and neither controls the other, but both need to be in agreement on Floyd's opponents.. Both floyd and showtime have to agree to the opponent, and showtime has agreed to work with HBO and manny, and Floyd gives an interview saying it has to be showtime only.... It makes no sense, except it's a ducking tactic
                When did Showtime say they've agreed to work with HBO? Stop listening to Arum sell woof tickets. The fight will be on Showtime, period.

Comment

• The old revelations have surfaced again. Good ol Bob and the obstacles.

Comment

• who is bob arum fooling - and fooling successfully? manny and his cultist fans.

Comment

• Does anyone except floydgimps take anything this sleazeball says seriously? Whats amusing to me is that schaeffer makes a statement against Arum and it draws every single flowmo in, clinging to his every word like flies around shit.

Comment

Working...
                      X