Collapse
No announcement yet.

floyd beats trinidad at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kids let's get real, Floyd would have never found the balls to fight prime Tito.

either way Tito beats Floyd @ ww too much power and presure even bigger stronger Oscar couldn't keep up.

/thread
    Last edited by Puya; 10-06-2012, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Floyd wouldn't fight the best welters in their primes but we are supposed to believe he would fight one of the greatest at that weight?

Get the **** outta here. Floyd would say, " I dddon't even know wwwwhere purto rica costa is. How ccccan you expect me to fffight a guy who lives in a cccccountry thats not even on a map"

Comment

God, the same old s**t. It really gets old. I really think most of these people who just post negative stuff here all day about Floyd are either young teenagers or grown ups who have nothing going for them. It's sad. Post some useful stuff on here instead of garbage, it gets old.

Comment

It's funny as well that people bring up one thing Floyd said about Cotto, but then refuse to look at Cotto and Top Rank wanting nothing to do with a Floyd-Cotto fight from 2004-2006 when both were top fighters at their weight classes. It was only when Floyd left Top Rank and talked up retiring that Top Rank started the Floyd ducking Cotto stuff. And Arum himself said he couldn't guarantee Floyd the kind of the money he ended up making fighting Oscar and Hatton anyway.

Oh and Floyd went up in weight and beat Cotto anyway, while Cotto was the #1 SWW and still a good fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
            Floyd wouldn't fight the best welters in their primes but we are supposed to believe he would fight one of the greatest at that weight?

Get the **** outta here. Floyd would say, " I dddon't even know wwwwhere purto rica costa is. How ccccan you expect me to fffight a guy who lives in a cccccountry thats not even on a map"

Comment

So you guys say mayweather outboxes tito. At 147 mayweather has been more of a pressure fighter. He stood in front of mosley, ortiz, etc. So how does he beat tito. He not gonna bully a prime tito down. He not gonna throw enough and since I guess at 147 he became a pressure fighter , he prolly gonna get knock out or most likely tko.

Comment

Originally posted by citolindo View Post
                So you guys say mayweather outboxes tito. At 147 mayweather has been more of a pressure fighter. He stood in front of mosley, ortiz, etc. So how does he beat tito. He not gonna bully a prime tito down. He not gonna throw enough and since I guess at 147 he became a pressure fighter , he prolly gonna get knock out or most likely tko.
                floyd wasn't a pressure fighter at 147. Maybe his last few fights he stood more in the pocket and exchanged more, but especially early on at 147 he moved with his feet a lot more and was definitely not a pressure fighter.

Now if he fought Tito like the way he fought Cotto (just standing there, getting stuck on the ropes, etc.) that's a tough one to call. Tito would definitely land some big shots. But I don't believe Floyd is prime anymore so that's not fair.

Comment

So would it be the mayweather that fought zab? If so then mayweather has a good shot. Tito has had problems with bigger stronger boxers. Mayweather is def a great boxer and fast when he fought zab. Would be a great matchup. pressure, power, cardio, vs higher boxing IQ, better defense,. Ima go with trinidad base on the fact that he was very strong and fast at 147 and his shots came from all angles. He was a better margarito in every catergory except chin.

Comment

Originally posted by citolindo View Post
                    So would it be the mayweather that fought zab?
                    yeah, I think so. I think that's the best version of Floyd we've seen at 147, around that time frame.

Comment

This wouldn't be the current version of Floyd at 147, meaning the past prime-still good version against Mosley and Ortiz.

I think we're talking about the late prime version of Floyd at 147, the one that fought Judah/Baldomir/Hatton.

Would by no means be an easy fight for either guy, but I'll take Floyd's ring IQ to out smart Trinidad in the ring, who was a bit limited at times. I'm sure Trinidad would win at the very least 3-4 rounds though and it'd be very interesting. Close decision to Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X