Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

According to Robert Garcia, Brandon Rios walks around at 170-180 pounds!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And this is why he canceled his fight

Comment

LOL I only read the thread title until now. No need to discredit Mexican boxers. If a boxer can make the weight, then it's fine. Rios wasn't able to make the weight so he is moving up to 140.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamantiumPI View Post
        LOL I only read the thread title until now. No need to discredit Mexican boxers. If a boxer can make the weight, then it's fine. Rios wasn't able to make the weight so he is moving up to 140.
        Nobody is discrediting Mexican fighters, don't listen to that biased Pacquiao hating Mexican Primera, he feels its only okay to discredit Pacquiao.

Comment

My contribution to the thread

Comment

Originally posted by AdamantiumPI View Post
            Except Rios doesnt make weight.

We should start a bet. Who does what first. Rios make weight or Jr take a test?

Comment

Lol your reaching. too much gets made about boxers and their "walk around" weight. If a fighter can make a weight without jeopardizing his health, I don't have a problem with it.

Training camps are rigorous and cut down a lot of the water weight fighters have, diets are radically different. It happens, ur gonna lose the weight.

For example, I'm 5'8, in between training camps im easily walking around at 172-175 lbs. I'm in-taking different carbs, sweets, sodiums, sugars, might do some heavylifting etc. After 6 weeks of pre-fight prep im easily ("naturally") at 158-160 pounds, so i compete at 154. I don't have to starve myself or drain myself or do any unhealthy s**t. Some guys on my team are my same height but compete at 147 without any issues. I can't do that, because im more top heavy. People are built differently. It happens

The issue is with certain fighters like Brandon Rios who are obviously drying themselves out in a very dangerous way to get a size advantage. there's no reason a dude his size and over 25 should be fighting at 135. U can tell just by observing them, the discoloration under their eyes, skin, etc. That's different than a Canelo etc.
              Last edited by MalikKnucklez; 06-18-2012, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                My contribution to the thread

Whoa, wtf? when did Chavez start kissing his dad on the lips like Cotto?

I never seen Chavez Sr. do this before, and in Mexico this is not considered normal, that country is very machismo they just don't do stuff like that, or am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post

I never seen Chavez Sr. do this before, and in Mexico this is not considered normal, that country is very machismo they just don't do stuff like that, or am I wrong?
                  Very wrong.... In Mexico parents are a lot more affectionate towards their children. In Mexico, families dont have much, its all about family down there.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post

No its actually Sr kissing Jr.

Notice the passionate hand placement

Comment

Originally posted by Always View Post
                      Very wrong.... In Mexico parents are a lot more affectionate towards their children. In Mexico, families dont have much, its all about family down there.
                      Down here?

Arent you in texas?

Comment

Working...
                      X