No announcement yet.

Is JMM Over-rated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    No way José. No proof. Insufficient evidence.

Innocent Until Proven Guilty
    Please, like he just decided to do that cheating stuff at this point in his career?

Marquez is one of the best boxers of the past 20 years...truth!!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      that was a great win. i personally would like to see marquez-bruselles.

marquez moves up and fights the best while mayweather moves up and fights the worst.
      Only fight that was bad was ODLH. Because he is old, thats it. But no one says anything when Pavlik faught Hopkins. Or when anyone fights Hopkins and loses.

Last fight he had was Hatton who was undefeated at the time. Nothing bad about that.

Originally posted by Pudgemeister View Post
      umm..they went to court and determined he had plaster in his wraps. What's left to prove?
      They went to court and found him guilty of attempting to cheat. Thats all the proved. You dont know what attempting means, right?

Attempting definition: Here

Originally posted by MaYaN_SuN View Post
      Overrated all because he called out Floyd and now is negotiating weight? Lmao what kind of logic is that? And you're a Marg fan that still think's he's innocent? No one can have that much "stupid" in them, lol this **** has to be fake.
      No. Im asking other people is he over-rated. Because his fans are making excuses and dising Floyd for JMM's mouth. Aparently they and you, dont have confidence in your boy. That means, he isn't great at all. p4p in what? Fighting LWs his entire career? Your p4p when you have the skill to beat guys at higher weights... Hence what Pacquiao is doing.

How stupid can you be when you continue saying he USED plaster when he only ATTEMPTED to use plaster. Or do you live in a country outside the USA? Or if you live in the USA, your not familiar with the law?

Comment

No. Im asking other people is he over-rated. Because his fans are making excuses and dising Floyd for JMM's mouth. Aparently they and you, dont have confidence in your boy. That means, he isn't great at all. p4p in what? Fighting LWs his entire career? Your p4p when you have the skill to beat guys at higher weights... Hence what Pacquiao is doing.

How stupid can you be when you continue saying he USED plaster when he only ATTEMPTED to use plaster. Or do you live in a country outside the USA? Or if you live in the USA, your not familiar with the law?
        lol Jesus Christ, well one thing is for sure, you're obviously a ****in idiot. I mean what you think Marquez has done through out his career exactly? lol He's already moved up in weight and takin the best belts. Not even Manny did that. Fighters like Floyd, Manny, Calzaghe, lol they all take the weakest fights. Even in this case, Floyd isn't even willin to fight Marquez below 147 lmao! Even 140 is a complete handicap for Floyd and Marquez is willin to go past his limits and fight Floyd there. I mean how can anyone even genuinely like Floyd Mayweather Jr? He's a ****in clown and ontop of that he's got no ****in back bone. He's lookin for a Welterweight fight? lol There's welterweights for that. Plenty of unfinished business he left at welterweight.

So yeah, Marquez called him out while Juan was at lightweight. Floyd sayin he'll only fight the smaller Marquez at WW (which is ****in hilarious, shows how much of a lame Floyd is). Now if they can't find a fair weight to fight at, there's no other choice but to move on. Marquez' camp isn't stupid. They see the handicap Floyd is tryin to give himself.

This is all hilarious though, cause Marquez said ok to the money. lol It's Floyd as the one that's askin for ridiculous demands that will end this fight. People price themselves out of a fight, and Floyd is weighin himself out lmao.

As for Marg, lol wow..just wow.

Comment

Seriously, is he over rated? No disrespect towards him, I think he is a good fight but all of his fans want to boast about how great he is and how he took Pacquiao to the wire. Then he starts calling name (you know who) and doesn't want to fight. He knew what weight class Floyd is at, so when he called him out he was essentially saying "I will fight you wherever, whenever" or when you call someone out in Mexico it means something different???

Because I thought the universal understanding of "I want to fight you! I dont care if your last fight was WW!" means, I want to fight you anytime, anywhere, whatever weight class. If you got a dick and call yourself a man. Then dont ***** out after challenging another man.

Seriously, I really want to know. All you JMM fans and Floyd haters want to diss Floyd for not moving down when JMM called out Floyd.

That to me says, he isn't as good as advertised. Floyd moved up multiple times, skipped 2 weight classes and beat Chop-chop Corley. Moved down, around, and up again. So wtf? Cant JMM do the same?

If JMM cant do the same when he opened up his pie hole. Then he isn't what you all (PBF haters and JMM fans) hype him up to be.

Right? Am I right? Cum-swallowing aside. In reality, am I right?
          No, you're wrong. First, Mayweather didn't skip any weight to fight Corley. He had been at lightweight for a couple of years and then moved up to 140. Second, he is actually quite a bit larger than Marquez, especially his reach advantage of over five inches so moving up to WW, where many of them are around the same size, height and reach, as Mayweather doesn't present too many problems especially when they are as good as Baldomir.

Also, the fact he has been jumping weight classes after a couple of fights at the age of 36 is showing that he isn't too worried about stuff like you're mentioning, but, jumping from LW to WW, when it's pretty full on for a guy like Mosley to do it as a huge LW at the peak of his career to fight a WW, you can start to see the difference.

Marquez looked small against Casamayor whereas even at 140 Mayweather looked bigger than guys like Corley who had been there his whole career. Seriously, it will look like Pac vs Oscar if it goes to 147 because Mayweather will be a real WW and Marquez will still be a SFW moving up but the difference is that instead of the bigger guy being old and slow and dead, Marquz will be the slower, older, smaller etc etc.

In fights between two big guys, especially one that has been at a higher weight after moving up against another guy that is moving up but is still a few weight classes below, they generally always find a catchweight do they not? Pavlik/Hopkins? ****e, even Oscar moved down to a weight class he hadn't been in for nearly a decade just to fight Pac and you're whinging about Mayweather taking off three pounds while Marquez will still be adding on another nine pounds after having been at LW for two fights. You've got to be kidding and you're calling someone who sees this as stupid, 'Mayweather haterz'?

Why not just ask him to fight at middleweight?

Just remember that there have rarely ever been guys who jumped two weight classes, especially after moving up multiple weight classes already, to fight am amazing fighter at that weight class. If they are both top fighters, as these two are, then there is always a compromise and they fight at a catchweight. Marquez is willing to go to 144, up another nine pounds, Mayweather is not willing to take off one pound. It kind of shows you what's what.
          Last edited by BennyST; 04-27-2009, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Last fight he had was Hatton who was undefeated at the time. Nothing bad about that.
            Yeah, and people remember that Mayweather was as strong as Hatton and bigger right? He beat him on the inside at WW? Hatton moved up one weight class after already having won a belt there so it's not as if it's much of a difference. This is a massive difference.

It's a genuine FW size fighter. He was there his whole career with no problem and could have been there now. He is moving up a lot and it only takes a few pounds for Mayweather to get it made. It's up to him.

Comment

Then what is so bad about fighting Floyd at WW?

Your missing the point... WHEN YOU CALL SOMEONE OUT AT A HIGHER WEIGHT, YOUR GOING TO FIGHT A HIGHER WEIGHT.

did you understand that? Spanish?

CUANDO USTED LLAMA ALGUIEN HACIA FUERA EN UN PESO MÁS ALTO, EL SU IR A LUCHAR UN PESO MÁS ALTO.

Portuguese

QUANDO VOCÊ CHAMAR ALGUÉM PARA FORA EM UM PESO MAIS ELEVADO, SEU IR LUTAR UM PESO MAIS ELEVADO.

Understand that? Compreenda isso? ¿Entienda eso?

No one has even asnwered me when I said, what weight does JMM walk around at? C'mon, your telling me, he cant be a man who has been out of boxing for over a year? Even if its at a higher weight?

If he walks around close to 141, then wtf? Put on 6 pounds. Lift weights.

Otherwise NEVER call someone out again. Acting all hard and **** until they respond, huh? A page straight outta Charlie Z's book.

Comment

Honestly its not even JMM that makes me mad. Its the dumb ass fans that miss the point in what JMM said. Then make Floyd the bad guy for wanting to fight his weight.

Comment

i dont think marquez is overrated at all. He took on a tremendous fighter in pacquiao and nearly beat him twice (he arguably won, very close) he had good wins at 126, he beat barrera, he beat casamayor (who was not shot FFS) and he won a thriller vs diaz

great fighter

Comment

He wants a fight at a lower catch weight. Those were his intentions when he called out floyd. You cant blame the man for trying. Its not like he thinks hes hot **** and arrogantly demanding that floyd come down. If floyd doesent want to come down, he understands, at least he tried and moves on. End of story.

Comment

Working...
                    X