Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valero vs. Sotto on Nov. 14 is back on???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never wanted to see a Valero-Pacquiao fight, because I think Valero is so unproven it isn't even funny. But I've always wanted to see a Soto-Pacquiao fight. Rocky Juarez would probably beat every fighter on Valero's resume. And I also think that Valero couldn't be as competitive with Guzman as Soto was. That fight was a lot closer to me than what a lot of people made it out to be.

Soto deserved a shot at Pacquiao more than De La Hoya and Barrera did. And I can't blame Arum for that fight falling apart, because he tried to make it happen it seemed like. But Manny cheated us out of that fight by fattening up his bank account against Barrera and De La Hoya and ducked Soto on two different occasions. That was the same exact behavior that Mayweather showed regarding Margarito. And yet Mayweather gets more ****? I don't get it. I don't like Mayweather, but there are double standards with him and every other fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
      I never wanted to see a Valero-Pacquiao fight, because I think Valero is so unproven it isn't even funny. But I've always wanted to see a Soto-Pacquiao fight. Rocky Juarez would probably beat every fighter on Valero's resume. And I also think that Valero couldn't be as competitive with Guzman as Soto was. That fight was a lot closer to me than what a lot of people made it out to be.

Soto deserved a shot at Pacquiao more than De La Hoya and Barrera did. And I can't blame Arum for that fight falling apart, because he tried to make it happen it seemed like. But Manny cheated us out of that fight by fattening up his bank account against Barrera and De La Hoya and ducked Soto on two different occasions. That was the same exact behavior that Mayweather showed regarding Margarito. And yet Mayweather gets more ****? I don't get it. I don't like Mayweather, but there are double standards with him and every other fighter.

^ The De La Hoya fight was made out of intrigue and the fact that the fight was going to fatten everyone's pocket's up. Its a business first, as far as the promoters go, and if it doesn't make dollars, it doesn't make sense.

A Soto fight would have been enjoyable for hardcore fight fans, but the only reason why the general public would be even remotely interested in that fight is because of Pacquiao.

As far as the notion of Pacquiao 'ducking' Soto. Ridiculous.

He fought Barerra again and gave the legend a 2nd shot.

Comment

Originally posted by MOREBASS View Post
        ^ The De La Hoya fight was made out of intrigue and the fact that the fight was going to fatten everyone's pocket's up. Its a business first, as far as the promoters go, and if it doesn't make dollars, it doesn't make sense.

A Soto fight would have been enjoyable for hardcore fight fans, but the only reason why the general public would be even remotely interested in that fight is because of Pacquiao.

As far as the notion of Pacquiao 'ducking' Soto. Ridiculous.

He fought Barerra again and gave the legend a 2nd shot.
        I actually don't feel like picking apart Pacquiao's resume right now, because his victory over Hatton looks better to me today after I witnessed the Paulie-Diaz fight. Of course I still think it is overrated, but it out did what JMM accomplished by KOing Juan Diaz. Of course JMM probably ruined Diaz because of that knockout. But if we compare common fights with Malinaggi, it looks as if Ricky Hatton would have beaten Juan Diaz.

The reason that I sometimes pick apart certain aspects about Pacquiao's resume is because he never defends a title and just goes after the money. I can't blame him though because I would do the same thing if I was in his position. And even though I think there are some instances of where the best fighter in the division does not hold the linear title like Baldomir at 147 and like Hatton may or may not have been at 140 (that would've probably been Bradley or Alexander before Pacquiao came in the division), I do think it is mandatory that a fighter becomes linear as Pacquiao did when he beat Hatton. But just fight a couple of more fights in that division so nobody can question what you are leaving behind.

And I don't just criticize Manny for not fighting Soto. Barrera and JMM both fought Rocky Juarez when it is obvious that Soto had already held a victory over him. So the same should apply to those guys. But it just looked like a cop-out to me when Arum had a date and a venue set up on two different occasions with Pacquiao and Soto, and Manny went in another direction. And this was after Soto destroyed his little brother. But so did Urban Antillon, and he is not anything special. And I understand what you are alluding to when you say that De La Hoya and Barrera brought more cred with the casual fan and more fame and money to Pacquiao then he would've gotten if he had fought Soto. But the hardcores like me are able to see through that, and realize that Soto posed the bigger danger.
        Last edited by Iceta; 08-23-2009, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret View Post
          wtf was the point of posting that ugly ***** at the end?

Sorry xcaret, I forgot you're gay. I'll try not to post any more girls pics when you're posting here while spooning your boyfriend...

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
            OK, Im ready to hear everyone rip Pac as a megastar since there putting this fight on. I mean, everyone ripped Floyd for having a good undercard by saying that this proves he cant sell crap so they need to stack the card. What does this prove about Pac then since this fight is way better than any fight on both undercards?

The truth is what I said from the jump. Instead of ripping Floyd just to rip him, you should be praising him because he's the #1 guy responsible for bringing stacked cards back to boxing. I said that in the "is Floyd saving boxing" thread where I talked about how the 24/7 show is making fights huge which was Floyd's idea and now he is stacking undercards which will be great for boxing. Dont tell me that it wasnt Floyd either because GBP has been out there for years and have had the worst undercards in the world but when Floyd gets on it then he tries to bring guys like Zab in who was supposed to be the 1st fight named on the undercard. Dont tell me that wasnt Floyd. Give the man his props for this stuff. This is making boxing great but no one wants to admit it

It was Floyd's team's idea, not solely his. He probably grudgingly gave in as the lead promoter of this card, and your guess is as good as mine as to why Floyd gave up some serious coin to have a great under card. When it comes to Floyd, it's soooo unlike him to not to try to grab as much as he can from the loot, that is, if there will`be a loot after Sept. 19...

Comment

hope valeros next fight is someone with a pulse, does not matter who

Comment

Working...
              X