Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst Boxing Record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to look at the "stop ratio". Their are people with losing records whom.. it's ignorant to call them a "bum".
    What is thought of my record? I'm active pro from Oct 88 thru Oct 92 with 12 losses in 13. First eight opp at their height have a 94-4-2 record [no "greats" at top have numbers like that]. My weight: w. My line is: sm* m m sm -break- jm m lh m m sm** m m m = 13 **Tommy Galipeau #4 Wbo within two years of match. *reported as m but..it is sm. I was "stopped" 3x.

Comment

He hasn’t the poorest record, and he wasn’t a bad boxer, but Peter Buckley is certainly the worst loser in boxing history.

Because, his 256 defeats are only second ‘best’ to Reggie Strickland’s 276. So Buckley even lost the battle of who have had most losses.

Last edited by Ben Bolt; 04-02-2016, 02:32 PM.

Comment

I have just finished reading this, which provides an interesting perspective on the idea of losing records reflecting a bad boxer. Certain fighters tour the country, getting paid good money to give popular boxers a (W)orkout.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Journeymen-O.../dp/1909626538

However, the 40 knockout losses might be a better indication of lack-of-quality. Even then, the officiating could play a role.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
          He hasn’t the poorest record, and he wasn’t a bad boxer, but Peter Buckley is certainly the worst loser in boxing history.

Because, his 256 defeats are only second ‘best’ to Reggie Strickland’s 276. So Buckley even lost the battle of who have had most losses.

Never down in 300 bouts, Buckley had 1 hell of a beard on him.

Comment

Originally posted by dmcw View Post
            I have just finished reading this, which provides an interesting perspective on the idea of losing records reflecting a bad boxer. Certain fighters tour the country, getting paid good money to give popular boxers a (W)orkout.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Journeymen-O.../dp/1909626538

However, the 40 knockout losses might be a better indication of lack-of-quality. Even then, the officiating could play a role.
            Looks like a very interesting read. Thanks for sharing that. I'll be definitely adding that to my reading collection.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              KO ratio 1%. it only took him 111 fights vs. a guy with 20 losses ; who was the match-maker? lol.
              Al Haymon in his 20s.

Comment

When you read a "bad record" you look for KO by. If it is low numbers that's creditable. You gage the quality the boxer goes against. Danny Blake is a "tremendous example" of a well-known-boxer with a losing record. Shannon Briggs was probably his top talent. About 48 bouts and not once was he stopped. And, handful of wins (twice upset KO the late Lenny Pag).

Comment

Never knew that Peter Buckley wasn't "down" ever. Is that a sure fact?

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfBoxing View Post
                    Never knew that Peter Buckley wasn't "down" ever. Is that a sure fact?
                    Fact, he's been stopped via TKO but he never touched the canvas, was in with some huge punchers as well.

Comment

Okay you play that card what about this guy

http://boxrec.com/boxer/371522

Robin Deakin took a little while to search up but story is they removed his boxing license because he takes beatings so regularly lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X