No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead[TV]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hectari View Post
    Get Romero, get Tarentino, etc to direct some episodes.

Did Darabont leave or did they kick him to the curb?
    Romero actually hates the show. Hates it with a passion actually. And for the second question? Both. Darabont left because he was basically being forced out of the editing room. He also wanted to finish the scripts before shooting them. AMC didn't want that. The 2nd season basically had the same budget as the first season but more than double the episodes. That's why they stayed on that farm so damn much.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      It's not even based on anger & emotion. It's a legit complaint and it's bad writing. For starters, this is a show based on the comic. I understand changing certain things so that it's not a carbon copy & easily predictable. However, this particular scene is one of the most profound scenes in the comic. It's one of, if not the most emotional part of the story, where an original and loved character is brutally murdered. For readers, it's shocking, it's highly emotional. As others have pointed out, it's the "Red Wedding" of the comic, so to speak.

For the show to take this scene, after a huge build up and have it in the POV of the person getting killed without showing who it was totally kills the moment. Imagine if the Red Wedding episode was like that- they have this massive episode, after half a season or more building up to this very moment, and they show someone getting stabbed with knife & shot with arrows, but they don't show who...was it Rob, or Catelyn, or Robs his wife!? Tune in next season to find out! By the time next season rolls around, it doesn't sting anymore, the viewer is less attached not only because so much time passes by but because we already know someone died. Now it's just a matter of finding out who, assuming we don't already know due to how easily leaks spread across social media.

So that is the main complain here, not that it's a cliffhanger but because they ruined one of the biggest moments in the entire story. As for cliffhangers, in general it's ok, TV shows can do them from time to time, no big deal. But in a scene like this? No way. They are overdoing it. How many times have they ended episodes on cliffhangers? It's like they rely on them now, which is completely unnecessary being that it's one of the most popular shows on TV with an extremely loyal fan base. There's no need to "trick" the audience to tune-in to the next episode. So now at this point it just becomes annoying and when the hero's keep escaping impossible scenarios and surviving, it makes us less and less "fearful" that a main character is going to die, since they never do. Which of course is a perfect reason to have shown the scene the way the comic did it and by offing a major character...to bring us back to the reality that a major character can and does die. But now? Not so much (especially if they cop out and go with Aaron, Eugene or even Abraham).
      Good post, especially the second paragraph.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pocket Dogs! View Post
        Romero actually hates the show. Hates it with a passion actually. And for the second question? Both. Darabont left because he was basically being forced out of the editing room. He also wanted to finish the scripts before shooting them. AMC didn't want that. The 2nd season basically had the same budget as the first season but more than double the episodes. That's why they stayed on that farm so damn much.
        Interesting and I'm not surprised.

Comment

• https://www.change.org/p/amc-cable-t...e-walking-dead

Everyone sign this ****

Comment

• Pee Pee Pants City
            One of the GOAT lines ever heard

Comment

• I'm back and forth with this show. Some good episodes, some bad. Haven't seen a great episode since season 5 episode 1. It is definitely nowhere near Breaking Bad IMO.

However, Neegan's debut episode was a HUGE letdown. This show had a tremendous opportunity to blow its audience away. The character Neegan was already built up and all fans knew his debut would be on this episode. This guy has the potential to be bigger than the Governor and the Wolf people and any other villain yet.

But they really screwed it up. Neegan himself talked way too long and his speech lacked any kind of awesome dialogue. Sorry. Pee-Pee pants? New World Order? Sure, that's never been said before. Really lacking on creativity and wittiness.

But of course, the true disappointment was the covering up of Neegan's victim. Glenn, Daryl, Maggie, Abraham, Michone, whoever. Just show us who the hell it is. I get it that this was about Rick realizing he screwed up and we see it on his face. That is still no reason to keep the victim from us for six months. If Rick was arrogant, the writers and show runner are ridiculously arrogant. And for that, I swing my bat and declare, I damn sure won't tune in come season seven episode one. I won't promise to never watch the show again, but I'll be damned if I add to their ratings when it counts. I'll happily read the synopsis and have a nice day. I encourage all unhappy fans to do the same.

In closing, I hope season seven doesn't contain any fake-out kills like with Glenn and Daryl. That is terrible and lame story telling that only frustrates viewers in the end. It's like "Yeah, You got me" but to what end? If I were to go back and watch the series again, I wouldn't even think it was a good story- just pointless and stupid as will anyone who watches it all on Netflix.

However, maybe they can do more with Neegan and have a better season and then wrap it up this season or maybe season eight. I heard they want ten seasons, but please. I just don't see interest holding out that long.

Comment

• i finally got caught up watching the last two episode. didnt have time to look thru this thread but who do u guys think got wacked at the end? it was going so good for rick and his group too! didnt expect how it ended though. i hope everyone from rick's group is ok, well the main characters. i have a feeling that group on tghe horses that help carol and the other dude is gonna come help rick and them out.

Comment

• Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  After that cliffhanger if they kill Daryl millions of fans will not watch anymore, its probably Glenn.

And the Actor playing Negan made a grand entrance, he was perfectly cast, has the Charisma and acts like a legit sociopath.

They just ruined it without showing who it was who got killed.
                  stop hating on my ninja glenn! he cant go yet his girl is suppose to his have his baby! yall some haters! hating on my ninja cuz he's bagging maggie. straight haters!

Comment

• Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
                    15 million+ people watch TWD...I doubt a petition with 1k supporters will get anything but laughs from AMC. I'd sign it, but it would be a waste of energy via typing and clicking. I rather order food online at Domino's.

Comment

• this show has gone from fighing zombies to fighting against other groups of survivor. there's barely any zombies in some of the scenes anymore. lol

Comment

Working...
                      X