No announcement yet.

Chavez Jr vs Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
    i just check the link i posted again, there's three pages. the second page is a round by round description of alvarez and golovkin's sparring session. fischer says golovkin hurt alvarez pretty bad in the second round with a hard left hook. yeah, i'll have to look around for those other articles talking about golovkin and HWs. man, i'm so looking forward to seeing what golovkin is going to do against rosado.
    Damn, it doesn't say if it was a body shot or a dome shot. I can't remember if the whole HW rumor was an article or a video/TV.
    Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    I wonder if he tells his HW sparring partners to tee off on him.
    Lol I wouldnt be surprised if he did but that probably wouldnt be good either.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      Damn, it doesn't say if it was a body shot or a dome shot.

Lol I wouldnt be surprised if he did but that probably wouldnt be good either.
      People claim he has a great chin, but it's not like we've seen it tested yet. That rumor had to have come from what goes on in sparring.

Comment

sparring LOL

I remember some guy gave Mayweather the business is sparring.

Comment

People claim he has a great chin, but it's not like we've seen it tested yet. That rumor had to have come from what goes on in sparring.
          Most likely. Let's say the whole HW thing is true. Even if it's in sparring and you got head gear on, if you're being hit by HW's and not being affected... Then something is not right. (Just an assumption since we haven't heard anything about Golovkin being hurt)

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            Most likely. Let's say the whole HW thing is true. Even if it's in sparring and you got head gear on, if you're being hit by HW's and not being affected... Then something is not right. (Just an assumption since we haven't heard anything about Golovkin being hurt)
            We know he can dish it out, but we haven't heard how he absorbs punishment yet. This is why I don't believe Rosado's chances of winning are as minuscule as others believe. Rosado has respectable pop, so he should let us know if Golovkin's chin/punch resistance is what it's proclaimed to be.

Comment

Golovkin P4P Sparring king.

Comment

We know he can dish it out, but we haven't heard how he absorbs punishment yet. This is why I don't believe Rosado's chances of winning are as minuscule as others believe. Rosado has respectable pop, so he should let us know if Golovkin's chin/punch resistance is what it's proclaimed to be.
                Yea it should give us an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                  Chavez break GGG down and stops him.
                  I agree with you on this. I think Jr has been hyped up a great deal but that's not to say he is an easy guy to beat. He isn't tremendously technically skilled but he is MASSIVE at 160 and he has good power and underrated speed.

He is much slower than a guy like Martinez but he is not so slow that he can't catch you off guard. 3G takes shots and regardless of how tough his chin is, his style doesn't consist of a great deal of lateral movement and he likes to trade.

I think 3G would land his shots as well but he would wear down under the pressure and size of Chavez imo.

Comment

Chavez showed a great chin in the Martinez fight, but walking through Martinez's punches and walking through Golovkin's are two different things.

I have doubts about Chavez Jr making 160 comfortably any more as well.

Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                      Chavez showed a great chin in the Martinez fight, but walking through Martinez's punches and walking through Golovkin's are two different things.

I have doubts about Chavez Jr making 160 comfortably any more as well.

Time will tell.
                      Whys that he made it easily against martinez

Comment

Working...
                      X