Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters you liked when active but dislike in retirement, or vice versa?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters you liked when active but dislike in retirement, or vice versa?

Used to be a big ODH fan. Followed him from Olympics to his last fight vs Manny. Only rooted against him once and that was against Tito Trinidad. Now as a promoter he's turned into a self serving douche bag IMO. I know that's harsh but he talked so much trash about wanting to clean up the sport and being a promoter that puts fans and fighters first. All he has become is Top Rank 2.0

Conversely, I HATED Lennox Lewis. Awful, boring, is he British? Jamaican? Canadian? Make up your damn mind! Now as a commentator and contributer to the sport I love the guy. I you tube his fights and he was a beast at times.
    Should've enjoyed him when we was active.

I was on my way to disliking Chavez Sr after loving his career. Hate him as a commentator as I feel he is a homer when it comes to covering Mexican boxers but he has sort of redeemed himself in my eyes seeing as he was honest when assessing Jr's loss to Sergio. I was also impressed with the kind words he had for Camacho. It would have been easy to pile on seeing as Camacho had his demons but Chavez showed class.
    Last edited by MikeRo1972; 11-27-2012, 10:31 AM.

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
    Used to be a big ODH fan. Followed him from Olympics to his last fight vs Manny. Only rooted against him once and that was against Tito Trinidad. Now as a promoter he's turned into a self serving douche bag IMO. I know that's harsh but he talked so much trash about wanting to clean up the sport and being a promoter that puts fans and fighters first. All he has become is Top Rank 2.0

Conversely, I HATED Lennox Lewis. Awful, boring, is he British? Jamaican? Canadian? Make up your damn mind! Now as a commentator and contributer to the sport I love the guy. I you tube his fights and he was a beast at times.
    Should've enjoyed him when we was active.

I was on my way to disliking Chavez Sr after loving his career. Hate him as a commentator as I feel he is a homer when it comes to covering Mexican boxers but he has sort of redeemed himself in my eyes seeing as he was honest when assessing Jr's loss to Sergio. I was also impressed with the kind words he had for Camacho. It would have been easy to pile on seeing as Camacho had his demons but Chavez showed class.
    I completely agree with the Oscar De La Hoya comment. I was a huge fan growing up but as a promoter I just can't listen to the guy. Full of cliches and sounds like a broken record at times.

Comment

Working...
    X