Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward on Kelly Pavlik Fight, Sharing Virgil Hunter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pavlik should be building confidence, going after guys like Brian Magee or Arthur Abraham, Ward is about six levels above that, he has no chance whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
      I hope Ward and Hunter's relationship doesn't strain over Hunter working with so many other fighters.

Ward is the main guy and helped bring him the success he has now. Down the road, if another fighter comes that's better than Ward, I hope Hunter doesn't forget this.
      Not very likely. And in any case, Ward and Hunter seem way too close for anything like that to happen.

Comment

Kelly is cashing out, look he can look back and say I was Middle wieght Champ and only lost to three of the best fighters of my time, good career

Comment

After Ward beats Pavlik. Bob Arum will make Pavlik vs Chavez Jr later this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
            After Ward beats Pavlik. Bob Arum will make Pavlik vs Chavez Jr later this year.
            Surely Ward would make Pavlik look so bad, any other big fight for him would be impossible to sell.

Comment

Yeah this is a bad idea for Team Pavlik. This is just a stepping stone for ward.

Comment

false talk

Beware when champions come to help in upon the qualities of challanger thought spent by many...it smells!
                Beside that in spite of his fantastic palmaress Ward is a highly unpleasant fighter

Comment

Ward's entitled to a soft touch, can't be mad at him
                  but Pavlik is a fucking fool, he's gonna get embarrassed
                  Ward is the last guy he needs to get near
                  surprised he doesn't just rattle off bums and wait for a fringe title shot

Comment

Chavez jr vs pavlik should would be a great fit for pavlik but not the king Andre ward. Kelly doesn't desrve that kind of opportunity yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
                      Thought never crossed my mind, but I could totally see this.

Comment

Working...
                      X