No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dunkin: ‘Non-Stop’ Rios won’t fight Pacquiao any different

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evol View Post
    Yup manny will be the bigger one here because rios could barely make 140 without cleaning out the whole buffet right? The hate in here is strong I think I better put my shades on. People complain about seeing the same fights from pac over and over and they complain about how PAC never fight a young fighter. Then when shiietz like this gets brought up the same people complain saying its a joke fight. So who should PAC fight? Jmm 5? Cotto 2? Bradley 2?? I wanna see something new not old recycle stuff. Stop dreaming about fantasy fights that won't happen.
    what hate evol? lets see rios has never fought at 147 so how is it wrong saying manny is the bigger guy?

manny/rios is not a competitive fight. you know this. so why get mad when people point this out?

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
      if chicken pac can't get the balls to fight a real fighter like mayweather.then why not rios. neither has a jab nor have defense plus both are one dimensional.rios is made for pacquiao to continue to look good.
      Floyd remain and still tight-lip to show reluctance to face Pac at the moment. IMHO, he knows that only Pac could deliver his loss on this stage of his career, so he don't want his 0-loss legacy to be broken by Pac now that his career in twilight. So the show goes on between Pac and JMM and promoteres tried to put Rios on the mix, but I think Rios still green to the top WW level. He needs to defeat first the top WW gate-keeper, Timothy Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
        Why would this fight "have to take place at 147"? Can Pac no longer make 140?
        I would rather like Pac to go down at 140 if this fight becomes possible because pac in IMO is a natural 140 pounder, because when he fought at 147, his weight should be rehydrated to JMW during fight night but his case he could not longer exceed more than 147. Meaning, he should be at 140 and rehydrated to WW during fight night as normal case.. but even so..no no no! This can't be,, Pac would devour him if this fight becomes reality.
        Last edited by SceneSpectator!; 10-16-2012, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Im one of those guys that thinks Pac lights up Rios, but I still would love to see the fight, because JMM vs Pac 5 doesnt appeal. Pac vs Bradley 2 isnt too appealing either. Pac vs Floyd isn't happening etc
          We all KNOW Arum wants to keep Pac under the Top Rank banner and wont co-promote, this is common knowledge, so who else does he have to match him with? Peterson? Alvarado?

It's a reality fight, not the best fight, but we havent been getting the best fighting the best for a long time, so whats the difference? Sure Manny will look good and probably KO Rios, but you all cant question the fight Rios will bring into the ring, it won't be a "bum of the month" type fight, or a fight against a past it, drained catch weight, yadda yadda, yadda. Rios is about as good as he's ever going to get, he is mentally ready to leave it all in the ring for glory, at a comfortable weight and coming off a solid win.

It's about as good as Arum can muster up given his current rosta and we know he wont share and we should all know flapping our gums doesnt achieve much, Arum decides, arguing and making fantasy fights wont achieve jack ****, just look at Mayweather vs Pacquiao, its a fantasy fight that never happened and has now gone sour. Lets deal in reality and not fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            what hate evol? lets see rios has never fought at 147 so how is it wrong saying manny is the bigger guy?

manny/rios is not a competitive fight. you know this. so why get mad when people point this out?
            Just because rios never fought at 147 yet doesn't mean he's the smaller guy. Rios doesn't drain himself just to make 135-140?? Who says I'm mad? U guys complain about seeing the same fights so why complain about something new? Who should PAC fight then?

Comment

While Rios would just have to do his thing the best he could because it is not like he has any options in the ring either it will work or it won't, however what Dunkin said is exactly why I think Manny manhandles him unless Manny is totally gone.

It might be fun until Rios takes so much damage even he has to step back, but once forced back Rios loses it is just a matter of time (probably sooner rather than later).

Comment

Just because rios never fought at 147 yet doesn't mean he's the smaller guy. Rios doesn't drain himself just to make 135-140?? Who says I'm mad? U guys complain about seeing the same fights so why complain about something new? Who should PAC fight then?
                canelo can get hate for fighting a guy from 2 weight classes below and someone who never fought anyone in his class but not pac.

Comment

Who am i kidding though
                  JMM lightweight had to moved up to WW
                  Bradley jr WW had to moved up to WW
                  Rios lightweight, one fight at jr WW hes ready to move up to WW.
                  SMH

Comment

This is not a PPV worthy fight. Unless you want to pay to see Rios get a beating that badly.

Comment

come on man if he were to fight manny at that weight its clear thats an advantage for manny.

when a poster points out correctly that manny would dominate rios thats not complaining, thats just stating an opinion shared by most.

any complaint one may have isn't about rios-its about the avoidance of floyd by manny/TR to fight another in house fight where manny is a huge favorite that adds nothing to his career.

manny should do what it takes to make a floyd fight. if that fight can't be made he should held to the floyd standard- a competitive fight on paper. SO martinez at 154 or a berto/alexander at 147.

Comment

Working...
                      X