No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez Will Not Be Fighting on July 14th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    F-ck Bob Arum. Give him Gesta you old piece of crap. Neither Morales or Rios made weight for their last fight, and they both lost.
    explain how Marquez-Gesta is a good financial decision for a PPV event at Cowboys stadium?

JMM-Gesta is not a very good fight in the first place, but if it were to happen it would be suitable for an undercard fight on a HBO event.

Marquez wants to get paid over $2 million for this fight I believe so it just doesn't add up. If he wants to get paid, fight Morales, Judah or Rios.

Comment

another fight falls through...all of these fights are going down the toilet

Comment

Marquez claimed to have beaten Pacquiao 3 times. Yet he keeps on wanting to fight with southpaws to get better at it, LMAO. If Marquez thought he won, then he should be supremely confident. Have you ever seen a boxer this infatuated with another boxer. Marquez you lost! Get over it. You tried your hardest in the last fight and still couldn't win. That's it. Go after someone else for God sake.

Comment

There's 9 million Mexicans and Mexican Americans in Texas, there are a ton of Marquez fans there. I remember when he fought Juan Diaz in his home town of Houston and there were more Marquez fans in attendance. I think he could definetely pack cowboys stadium, theres just not enough time to promote and sell tickets without an opponent named.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            explain how Marquez-Gesta is a good financial decision for a PPV event at Cowboys stadium?

JMM-Gesta is not a very good fight in the first place, but if it were to happen it would be suitable for an undercard fight on a HBO event.

Marquez wants to get paid over $2 million for this fight I believe so it just doesn't add up. If he wants to get paid, fight Morales, Judah or Rios.
            Well, my major is not in financing. I'm sorry, I was contemplating Accounting? But i'm majoring in something else and my career path has nothing to do with money.

I am down with Judah, cause he's a southpaw. I forgot why Marquez turned him down, too dangerous maybe? Judah can very well beat Marquez.

I know exactly why Marquez wants Gesta. I think Marquez feels that it's an easy win over a young undefeated fighter. I'm backing Marquez all the way, I don't work with Top Rank and i'm not getting a penny from Marquez fighting Morales or Rios. So as a Marquez fan all I can do is support his decisions. Only Marquez knows why he's asking for what he's asking.

Comment

i'm not watching another fight unless it's a Marquez fight

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Well, my major is not in financing. I'm sorry, I was contemplating Accounting? But i'm majoring in something else and my career path has nothing to do with money.

I am down with Judah, cause he's a southpaw. I forgot why Marquez turned him down, too dangerous maybe? Judah can very well beat Marquez.

I know exactly why Marquez wants Gesta. I think Marquez feels that it's an easy win over a young undefeated fighter. I'm backing Marquez all the way, I don't work with Top Rank and i'm not getting a penny from Marquez fighting Morales or Rios. So as a Marquez fan all I can do is support his decisions. Only Marquez knows why he's asking for what he's asking.
                You support his decision in wanting an easy fight over a better fight?

And you should know a least a little bit about how boxing is about money (don't play dumb, you've discussed finances before on NSB). You don't need to be an accountant to know that if a fighter is going to have a PPV and fight at the cowboys stadium they better at least have a credible opponent if they want to make some money. It's not rocket science man.

Comment

wow i almost feel bad for marquez at this stage - never have i seen 1 athlete have to attach himself so much to another as much as we see marquez desperately attaching himself to pacquiao.

I wonder why that is? Is this what happens when someone beats you 3 times - you just cant stop thinking about them? Or is this what happens when marquez looks at the post fight photos of his face and jealousy builds up? I don't know what it is to be honest, but you gotta feel bad for JMM, the way he so desperately clings to pacquiao's name.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Zyzz View Post
                    Out of all the stupid ass "u mad" gifs and pics, that is the funniest I've seen..... And yeah that was a bitter post he knows he doesn't believe Bradley will win. Marquez needs to fight someone soon, I want to see him go out with big win like against Judah or someone.
                    Last edited by I.R.I.E; 05-21-2012, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyman View Post
                      wow i almost feel bad for marquez at this stage - never have i seen 1 athlete have to attach himself so much to another as much as we see marquez desperately attaching himself to pacquiao.

I wonder why that is? Is this what happens when someone beats you 3 times - you just cant stop thinking about them? Or is this what happens when marquez looks at the post fight photos of his face and jealousy builds up? I don't know what it is to be honest, but you gotta feel bad for JMM, the way he so desperately clings to pacquiao's name.
                      Didn't Ring Magazine vote Pacquiao-Marquez 3 the "Robbery of the Year"?

Comment

Working...
                      X