No announcement yet.

What's the main reason why Bob Arum won't do business with GBP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the main reason why Bob Arum won't do business with GBP

When GBP, and Top Rank, do business together we get to watch the best fights that we want to see like Hatton vs Pac or Mosley vs Margarito which have been sell out crowds so what's Bob Arum real problem with GBP?
    Because he want's all the money to be in house
    57.14%
    because he's a control freak and wants to be in control of everything
    8.16%
    Is jealous how successful GBP is and hates it when his fighters lose to their fighters
    16.33%
    because he likes to match up his fighters with weak opponents and still get paid
    18.37%

Greed..................

Comment

F Bob Arum!

Comment

He does do business with them by agreeing not to do business with each other.

Comment

Boxing would be so much better if this guy would just retire already us fans are missing out on fights like Pac vs Mayweather Canelo vs Chavez Jr Broner vs Gamboa Rios vs Ghost Mares vs Arce I could go on for days.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
            Boxing would be so much better if this guy would just retire already us fans are missing out on fights like Pac vs Mayweather Canelo vs Chavez Jr Broner vs Gamboa Rios vs Ghost Mares vs Arce I could go on for days.
            My favorite fighters: Donaire, Cotto, Pacquiao, and Gamboa are all promoted by this greedy pig. I totally agree with you. The best would be able to fight the best if this guy wasn't around. TS should have made an options that says 'All the above' in the polls. That would be the correct answer.

Comment

It goes back to the days with Oscar bolting out from Top Rank to form his own company..Then the Barrera-Morales III.. Then Golden Boy stealing fighters from Top Rank (like the young and up and coming stars like Ortiz).. Then you have GB using the sport's cash cow (Oscar) then as bait in hoarding TV dates on HBO. And then the Pacquiao ordeal in 2006..

A truce was made in 2007 when both agreed to settle their difference via mediator, which includes Pac's contract, and working together to promote great fights.. That's why you had Pac-Marquez II, Mosley-Marg, Hatton-Pac, Hopkins-Pavlik, Valero-Pitalua (along with the top LW's in the card which include Golden Boy fighters)..

But the truce was broken after first negotiations of Pac-Mayweather failed..
              Last edited by mikemurni; 01-22-2012, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemurni View Post
                It goes back to the days with Oscar bolting out from Top Rank to form his own company..Then the Barrera-Morales III.. Then Golden Boy stealing fighters from Top Rank (like the young and up and coming stars like Ortiz).. Then you have GB using the sport's cash cow (Oscar) then as bait in hoarding TV dates on HBO. And then the Pacquiao ordeal in 2006..

A truce was made in 2007 when both agreed to settle their difference via mediator, which includes Pac's contract, and working together to promote great fights.. That's why you had Pac-Marquez II, Mosley-Marg, Hatton-Pac, Hopkins-Pavlik, Valero-Pitalua (along with the top LW's in the card which include Golden Boy fighters)..

But the truce was broken after first negotiations of Pac-Mayweather failed..
                It seems that Arum really has it in for Schafer in particular. There is a lot of bad blood between those two- as well as with Oscar, and even deeper with Al Hayman.

Perhaps the stalled fight reflects Arum's belief that their top guy, Mayweather, would beat his top guy, Pacquiao.

Comment

first and second option really. he wants to control everything, and keep the money in house. that way he has a team of investors behind him that sponsor his fights. and that's probably why the floyd fight won't happen. floyd has this part covered, and there's no place for arum.

Comment

I think greed is definitely a major factor, Arum isn't known for his willingness to co-promote with anyone as it means he has to split the purse.

But the reason I believe he particularly dislikes GB is because Oscar ditched him, causing him to miss out on a lot of potential revenue.

If Floyd gets Mayweather Promotions off the ground when he retires I suspect Arum won't do business with them for the same reason.

Comment

Working...
                    X