Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danny Green just knocked out Paul Briggs in 29 seconds!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny Green just knocked out Paul Briggs in 29 seconds!

Round one -

A FARCICAL FINISH: Briggs goes down. It's all over. Green wins. The fans are furious. A watter bottle gets thrown from the crowd. Unbelievable. Green barely touches him with a left jab that skims Briggs' hair. The fight lasts only 29 seconds.

"The crowd is not happy. Loud jeers, every curse word in the dictionary is shouted out. Briggs is being led out of the arena in disgrace. A beverage splashes all over him on the way out. Police rush up the stairs to apprehend the marksman, who is applauded by the crowd. Surreal scenes here at Challenge Stadium. 29 seconds into the first round. Green is not happy, and neither are his fans."

Definately embarassing for Australian boxing given all the media hype Green gets over here.

Comment

I either could of watched this fight or played video games. I am glad I did the latter. NSW the state where I live cancelled the fight here becuase of Briggs who had not fought in two years but somehow managed to get a title shot. No tune up fight nothing disgraceful.

Green had a stoppage against RJJ and fights two bums instead of big money contenders WTF!! get it together! I was on the green wagon 2, till the last two fights. The guy trains so damn hard and fights nobodies, I'm talking about Green not Mundine, or am I?

Australian fighters are disgracful atm, disgraceful undercards, disgraceful main events, the only exception is Katsidis and maybe Darchinyan.

Comment

Briggs hadn't fought in years.

He made the mistake of signing with Don King, who ruined him with inactivity.

Comment

LOL! Check out this YouTube comment from 2 days ago..

"It is going 2 b another Roy Jr, set up again.

GREEN will do a single one inch Bruce Lee's punch.
          BRIGGS down & out, then they earned $millions "

Comment

"Chill out, No one is as pissed off as me, believe me" Green tells his upset fans.

"Paul Briggs ain't going to be paid a cent.

"That's criminal what he just did.

"I apologise to you for his behalf. I can't say anymore.

"I'm feeling very very angry."

Shane Cameron jumps into the ring and volunteers to fight Green to give something back to the fans.

"I will give you the toughest fight ... ," Cameron says.

Green says another time, he is just not in the mood.
            From the Round by Round.

Comment

Boxing in Australia takes another blow, as the fans go home feeling cheated.

Comment

Just watched the fight........

This was the most disgraceful thing I have ever seen in a boxing ring.....

Briggs took the biggest ****ing dive ever......

WTF??????

Comment

Comment

So I think it's pretty clear Briggs just needed some quick cash out of this, first he shows up at the weigh in 7 pounds overweight and now he just lays down without a punch landing on him. Disgraceful.

Comment

Working...
                    X