Collapse
No announcement yet.

Predict Golovkin vs Brook UK PPV numbers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People in the Uk don't care about Kell Brook much. But since Sky is on his d*ck lately you can expect some decent PPV numbers .

Comment

how much are they charging you guys over there for this ****?

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        how much are they charging you guys over there for this ****?

About 18 GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
          People in the Uk don't care about Kell Brook much. But since Sky is on his d*ck lately you can expect some decent PPV numbers .
          The good people of the UK believe Brook will win this. They'll swallow anything placed in their mouth.

Comment

I have lil knowledge of past UK PPV numbers & price points so I got no idea, but I expect it'll do middle of the road numbers/revenue. Not gonna suck or be great basically. Whatever those numbers actually represent in the UK market I got no clue.

Comment

where do they keep track of UK ppv numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by Jewish Reptile View Post
                The good people of the UK believe Brook will win this. They'll swallow anything placed in their mouth.
                they support their fighters, they dont write off a 36-0 fighter before theyve stepped foot in the ring

Comment

Sky record the ppv numbers themselves as they control the sales, it will do good numbers as the fight will be well advertised and cross promoted with other sports as Sky ppv events always are unlike the Box Nation ones where most people dont know they exist.

Comment

From what I could find, the PPVs cost 18 GBP (~$24):
                    1. Froch Vs. Groves 2 had 900k.
                    2. Floyd vs. Hatton had 1.3m
                    3. Froch vs. Kessler had 250k
                    4. Joshua vs. Whyte had 400k
                    5. Joshua vs. Martin had 400k+
                    6. Lewis vs. Tyson had 750k

To compare to Golovkin's PPV with Lemieux, that show generated ($60 x 150k) $9M. In order for him to generate the same $9M from PPV revenue, he needs to sell 375K PPVs on Sky.

Comment

They don't release numbers but they sometimes get leaked. Joshua-Whyte supposedly did over 400k, Hatton-Mayweather 1.4 mil (at 4am). This fight is hyped and on at the usual UK time, it's going to sell well.

Comment

Working...
                      X