• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
    as good as calzaghe was i think ward is on another level
    no disrespect to calzaghe tho, hes definetely a 1st bout hall of famer
    yeah he was on another level to calzaghe, the level below him

Comment

Superb thread. Yes calzaghe would have beaten them all, im guessing the people who are saying ward would beat him, never actually watched calzghe fight. only one i would say he might struggle with is GGG, but joe would win the vast majority of rounds but i think a couple of knockdowns by GGG would make it close on the cards, joe was prone to flash knockdowns.

Comment

There's nobody around in this era who could touch 'Super' Joe Calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
          ^the truth

Comment

Ward would be the only one to push him at 168, but apart from that no one else. I doubt he even have to move into the second gear to beat most of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
              Quoted for truth

Comment

Joe Calzaghe would be too slick for Andre Ward, he'd out work him through 12 rounds remember what a prime B-hop tried to do to Joe?
                It never worked at all, Joe is just much better than him at 168 he dominates everyone 160 his only questionable one would be GGG since Golovkin is a genuine counter puncher and someone who doesn't wrestle to win his fights it'd be a toss up depends If Joe could do something to adapt.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                  Absolutely correct!

Comment

In a nutshell.

Just imagine how badly Calzaghe would shred through GGG it would be like watching a child versus a chainsaw. Joe by stoppage via cuts and that's the best at 160-168 right now.

Comment

Superb thread. Yes calzaghe would have beaten them all, im guessing the people who are saying ward would beat him, never actually watched calzghe fight. only one i would say he might struggle with is GGG, but joe would win the vast majority of rounds but i think a couple of knockdowns by GGG would make it close on the cards, joe was prone to flash knockdowns.
                      It's you who hasn't watched all of Joe's fights.

He struggled with Reid, Bika and Hopkins, yet somehow he would have beaten Andre easily?

Joe would have had a much harder time with Andre, than what he'd have had with GG.

Comment

Working...
                      X