Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Dirrell beat GGG in the Amateurs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Dirrell beat GGG in the Amateurs.

I didnt know they fought twice. I've only seen the fight from the Olympics.....Interesting he doesn't remember GGG as a big puncher.

Andre Dirrell on GGG:
    "I actually fought him twice. I fought him in Mississippi and I came out with the decision in that one. And I fought him maybe 3 months later in the Olympics and I believe I won that fight, but didn't [get the win]. I remember him being a pretty solid opponent, but I don't remember the power at all, so when I heard about him having a lot of power, I didn't believe it until I seen him get in the ring," stated super middleweight contender Andre Dirrell, who recalled his two amateur encounters with undefeated super middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin. Although Dirrell believes he won both fights, officially, they split the matches, with Golovkin taking the more important one, spoiling the Flint, Michigan native's dream of winning an Olympic medal. It's a fact that Dirrell has not forgotten and he would love an opportunity to face Golovkin again, this time as a pro.

Dirrell is delusional. If he fights GGG as a pro, he will get knocked out.

Comment

Dirrell is a lot bigger than GGG and those fights were with headgear and bigger gloves.

Comment

An on form Dirrell has the potential to give Golovkin fits

Comment

Originally posted by barcham View Post
          dirrell is delusional. If he fights ggg as a pro, he will get knocked out.
          eventually but he will give him problems

Comment

so he doesnt remember GGG's power being like that?

hhmmm

loaded gloves?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              An on form Dirrell has the potential to give Golovkin fits
              Yeah, until Dr. Shaw-Hi calls a stop to the action.

Comment

Huh, didn't know that. Neat.

Comment

Comment

Dirrell suffered a lot of brain damage in his fight against Abraham. It's sad man. He has looked out of it for a while, slurred speech and the things he says don't make sense. He probably will never be normal again. Wish him the best.

Comment

Working...
                    X