• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another ****in robbery! Prescott got jobbed big time

FAO: OVER SEAS FIGHTERS

DONT FIGHT IN THE UK U NEED A KO TO GET A DRAW

Comment

terrible decision. Prescott was the clear winner. Sky commentary was so bias it was embarrassing.

Comment

The fight got fairly close near the end as Prescott faded down the stretch, but I still definitely thought he won it. He hurt McCloskey a few times and the knockdown in the first round was legit. Shame about the decision since he probably won't get the rematch with Khan now.

Comment

A shocking decision

Prescott beat that cocky little **** up,have you ever seen a worse boxer than McCloskey? seriously,dude drops his hands then gets hit in the face whilst landing nothing,hes absolutely pathetic,im part irish but i wouldnt pay a single penny too watch that idiot 'fight'

Comment

well done Paul !!!!!

it wasnt pretty , first 5 rounds especially , i thought he was gonna get hurt bad but Prescott faded terribly,Dudey dug very deep

crowd was superb

hopefully his title fight can be in Belfast again

Comment

went to the fight last night, havent seen it on tv yet though.

My seats were ****, the wall was literally behind me so my view wasnt the best.

I thought the fight was close, didnt score it but knew it would be tight. Prescott seemed to miss a hell of a lot of punches but managed to stun McCloskey a few times when he did catch him but couldnt capitilse on it. Prescott won his rounds big, but there were alot of close rounds imo that consisted of McCloskey not throwing much but landing most of them, and Prescott throwing a lot and missing the vast majority of them.

One thing i was surprised with was McCloskey seemed to have Prescott on the back foot and cornered a lot of the time even though he wasnt throwing. I wouldve thought pre-fight that Prescott would be the one going forwards.

Ill watch it tonight and score it and see what i come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                went to the fight last night, havent seen it on tv yet though.

My seats were ****, the wall was literally behind me so my view wasnt the best.

I thought the fight was close, didnt score it but knew it would be tight. Prescott seemed to miss a hell of a lot of punches but managed to stun McCloskey a few times when he did catch him but couldnt capitilse on it. Prescott won his rounds big, but there were alot of close rounds imo that consisted of McCloskey not throwing much but landing most of them, and Prescott throwing a lot and missing the vast majority of them.

One thing i was surprised with was McCloskey seemed to have Prescott on the back foot and cornered a lot of the time even though he wasnt throwing. I wouldve thought pre-fight that Prescott would be the one going forwards.

Ill watch it tonight and score it and see what i come up with.
                Prescott did do a fair bit of missing but he was landing quite alot of jabs and the big story of the fight for me was his long right against the southpaw, it was clean, landed frequently and bust Paul up, even rocked him. Paul wasnt landing anything, he'd make BP miss then throw some shots that would get blocked and the crowd would go ape. He didnt don nearly enough imo

It was a bit of a surprise to see Prescott getting backed up tho yeah

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                  Prescott did do a fair bit of missing but he was landing quite alot of jabs and the big story of the fight for me was his long right against the southpaw, it was clean, landed frequently and bust Paul up, even rocked him. Paul wasnt landing anything, he'd make BP miss then throw some shots that would get blocked and the crowd would go ape. He didnt don nearly enough imo

It was a bit of a surprise to see Prescott getting backed up tho yeah
                  it was hard to tell from where i was how much Prescott's punches hurt McCloskey (i thought he might have been cut but couldnt see any blood, and ive read he was bleeding a fair bit so that goes to show how far away i was). 2 or 3 times u could tell he was hurt pretty bad, legs wobbled a bit and tried to hold on; but a few times when he punched Paul, McCloskey was either hurt, or egging Prescott on to throw another lol. He stood motionless hands down (more down than normal), but reacted as soon as another punch was thrown.

I'd need to watch it on tv to see. I was driving so was sober so should be able to remember which times i'm waffling on about here is which

Comment

Second bad call in two days if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinX View Post
                      Second bad call in two days if you ask me.
                      What was the other one?

Comment

Working...
                      X