No announcement yet.

My conclusion on the Haye Vs Wlad fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My conclusion on the Haye Vs Wlad fight

I genuinely thought Haye would wheelchair Wlad, it wasn't my heart ruling my head, it was my own opinion that Haye's style would win against the boring robot.

I was wrong.

The pre fight trashtalk from Haye was brilliant, I enjoyed every insult and personal jibe, it was great to see and it was the only thing that made this fight an event. Without Haye's personal attacks on the Klits and use of charisma to sell this fight then it would have been a non-event. After all, the Klits couldn't sell food to an Ethiopean they are that boring.

However...

The actual fight showed there was a massive gulf between Haye and Wlad, I now realise that if Haye fought Wlad 100 times, he would lose 100 times.

Wlad is a better heavyweight than Haye.

I am also appalled by the way Haye kept diving to the canvas for no reason, and looking at the ref for support everytime Wlad punched him. I don't think Haye was going to the floor because he was scared, I think it was a pre arranged tactic to get the ref onside over Wlads leaning on opponents backs. Problem is is that Wlad didn't use his weight to lean on Haye at all, he didn't need to.

Haye also shamed himself by complaining about the broken toe. I personally played an entire rugby match with a broken leg once, granted it wasn't a bad break, but the point remains that a broken toe is no excuse at all. If a heavyweight world champ can't handle a broken toe then
    then should seriously think about quitting boxing and doing something lighter like TV presenting or whatever.

I don't like Wlad (or Vitali) as fighters, I feel they are unproven and neither of them have ever beaten a recognised elite fighter. However I have grown a respect for Wlad because he acted with dignity and class after the fight, and he also showed he does have the skill to deal with a fighter with genuine hunger and speed.

Wlad would get eaten alive by someone like a prime Lewis, Tyson etc. But bravo to him for proving me wrong.

My opinion remains that the Klits have still never got an elite name in either of their W columns (through no fault of their own), but I have grown more respect for Wlad after this whole affair.

Haye didn't get blown away, showed he had a chin, and is one if very few who have survived 12 rounds with Wlad, however, he didn't act like an Englishman after the fight complaining about his toe, and he certainly didn't act like an Englishman during the fight.

If Haye had got knocked out in the 1st round while he was swinging for a knockout I would be singing his prises now, but he was crap and scared to fight, so I now disown Haye.

Not a bad post for a ****.....

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
      Not a bad post for a ****.....
      Just you wait until we see until who the winner if Fury vs Chisora is, cos I'm straight on that bandwagon and explaining how they will destroy either Klit

Comment

or italian welsh

Comment

Working...
        X