No announcement yet.

Boxing at Madison Square Garden

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing at Madison Square Garden

Yo.. anybody here ever been to a big fight at the Garden? just got my tickets to Cotto Clottey and it will be my first time up there.. Anything I should know? when i need to get there..how long they sell beer for..etc ..

I'm in Section 126 off the corner of the ring.. anybody sat there before?

I hear the atmosphere is gonna be crazy..any insight would be appreciated..

peace!!!

Originally posted by Kid Dynamite 10 View Post
    Yo.. anybody here ever been to a big fight at the Garden? just got my tickets to Cotto Clottey and it will be my first time up there.. Anything I should know? when i need to get there..how long they sell beer for..etc ..

I'm in Section 126 off the corner of the ring.. anybody sat there before?

I hear the atmosphere is gonna be crazy..any insight would be appreciated..

peace!!!
    how much it was??/

i've never been in NY..

and im planning to do it for the first time! but i have my wife with me.. so i want to know ... or to have an idea.. of how much...is gonna cost to have a great time there!!

anyone can share.??. thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post
      how much it was??/

i've never been in NY..

and im planning to do it for the first time! but i have my wife with me.. so i want to know ... or to have an idea.. of how much...is gonna cost to have a great time there!!

anyone can share.??. thanks!!!
      If you're comin from the island it's gonna be expensive. NY is expensive, no matter what you do or where you stay. The tickets to the fight would probably be the cheapest part. You can prob get good seats for $100 a ticket.

But everying else like food, drinks, cigs(if you smoke), and a place to stay is really gonna run you up. It's actually obnoxious how expensive NY is.

BUT, there's nothing like a night in Manhattan.

Comment

actually wasnt too expensive.. the seats seem pretty good and were only 100 bucks each.. im actually taking my girl too..

the whole thing came to 230 w/ tax, ticketmaster fees etc..

i cant wait!!!! i checked not long ago and there were still plenty of good seats available..

good luck bo!

Comment

^^^ thanks guys!!

Im really up to the mission to go there!!! if i close some deals.. during this month...

im in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

NY is a blast, especially the weekend of the parade when Cotto fights. Cotto-Judah was the most fun I ever had at a fight. Im getting my tickets for Cotto-Clottey tomorrow, i'll be staying in the Bronx that weekend and I'll go to the fight and the parade the next day. I already requested time off from work and everything.

All I can say is get in line early to get into the garden. If you go an hour early....you'll be in the back of the line. They don't open the gates till the scheduled time but people wait in line forever.

It's worth getting in early though lol because there was some small fan base, like 20 people, wilding out cheering for some guy chanting his name waving signs, wearing t-shirts.....then their guy got knocked down 3 times and KOd in like the first minute of the first round against Argenis Mendez and they all sat speechless and depressed the rest of the night.

Comment

i will try my best to go over there.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                If you're comin from the island it's gonna be expensive. NY is expensive, no matter what you do or where you stay. The tickets to the fight would probably be the cheapest part. You can prob get good seats for $100 a ticket.

But everying else like food, drinks, cigs(if you smoke), and a place to stay is really gonna run you up. It's actually obnoxious how expensive NY is.

BUT, there's nothing like a night in Manhattan.
                There's nothing like lil Puerto Rico AKA New York City..

P.S. Also nothing like being in NYC on Puerto Rican Day Parade weekend!!!

I'll be at the fights and I'm gonna get the $1.500 dollar joints..

Comment

yeah.. i'm actually from Philly..been to NYC a million times and to MSG for concerts and games but never a fight.. i would have never known to get there that early.. thanks!! I was planning drinking in a bar not too far from the garden but i'll make sure i get there early enough.. cant wait to see how crazy the Cotto crowd is.. this is gonna be a real tough fight for him too..

Comment

Originally posted by RTS View Post
                    NY is a blast, especially the weekend of the parade when Cotto fights. Cotto-Judah was the most fun I ever had at a fight. Im getting my tickets for Cotto-Clottey tomorrow, i'll be staying in the Bronx that weekend and I'll go to the fight and the parade the next day. I already requested time off from work and everything.

All I can say is get in line early to get into the garden. If you go an hour early....you'll be in the back of the line. They don't open the gates till the scheduled time but people wait in line forever.It's worth getting in early though lol because there was some small fan base, like 20 people, wilding out cheering for some guy chanting his name waving signs, wearing t-shirts.....then their guy got knocked down 3 times and KOd in like the first minute of the first round against Argenis Mendez and they all sat speechless and depressed the rest of the night.
                    The gates open at 6:30 PM, correct?

Comment

Working...
                    X