No announcement yet.

Thoughts On Last Night....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snoopz View Post
    Paulie looked on the verge of falling over when he got stopped a great choice by the ref imo, otherwise serious damage could have been done. Khan looks massive to me much bigger then Pac, i hope he clears up 140 and moves to 147 in a year or so..

On another note Pac was lucky he wasn't in there with Paulie last night as he would have been arrested for murder

I hope Kastidas gets Marquez.. i can see him really winning it
    He should win it if he doesn't get caught by something stupid like Juan Diaz did. And I don't think he will because Kats defense is underrated and has improved over time. He keeps his guard up and blocks alot of his opponents shots now.

Comment

Marquez would destroy Kats.

Comment

Nate looked old, Ortiz kept throwing punches

Khan had a good plan and used his reach very well, Paulie gave a great post fight interview

Katsidis looked great, Mitchell was overated

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
          great day for boxing yesterday...started with a great scrap between Katsidis and Mitchell

Katsidis was the textbook definition of a pressure fighter yesterday and was too much for Mitchell to handle...the atmosphere for that boxing match was amazing, i wish every crowd was like that...props to Katsidis for pulling out an entertaining win and willing himself to victory

now, for Victor vs Nate

anyone else notice that when Victor hits an opponent, you hear a definitive thud? combine that power and speed with precision, like Victor does, and its hard not to watch in awe when he lets his hands go

he moved well...used a lot of the ring to show his footwork (too much a times IMO) but he showed good poise in there...everytime Nate would put on a rally, Victor would squash it with his own flurries or he would use his legs to take away Nate's angles

i was very impressed...he did very well but let's face it guys;

Nate's old...he showed every bit if his age in that fight last night...his an undersized JWW that's over the hill....time to start thinking about his family and health at this point IMO...there are plenty of nasty, hungry lions in that division and he has a name...could equal alot of unnecessary pain just to collect a check

Lastly, my favorite fight of the night

as a renowned Paulie hater, i LOVED watching the fight...from the opening bell, Khan's speed made Malinaggi look like he was stuck in mud

Malinaggi was outclassed by an opponent who was showing off the full arsenal last night...hate to say it but the way he was darting in and out and splattering Paulie with combos, it was almost PAC-like

by the 9th, i almost felt sorry for Paulie...he was getting outpunched, outboxed and outbrawled...whatever he tried, Khan complied and whooped him...the reach advantage was a big factor...Khan looked like Dhalsim throwing jabs from across the ring

Paulie did hit him a few times so this much we know; Khan has glass but Paulie can't break glass

this division is on fire right now...i hope HBO pulls more of these types of double headers in the future!
          you're right on that Dhalsim **** lol.

Khans arms doesn't ever seem to stop travelling. I'n not talking about his speed, which he has in abundance, I'm saying the length of his arms are unreal.

Even for a guy thats 5"10 his arms are still very long for that body. A bit freaky.

Comment

Working...
          X