Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz vs. Carlos Takam on November 12 in Monaco

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why this fight tho? Povetkin destroyed this man, fights like Jennings against a guy who only lost to Wlad is good, Parker outboxed this guy on his worst night as a pro, this fight is pointless

Comment

Takam is ranked by the WBA
      Another non title bout?

Comment

The card is stacked Sosa-Smith, Abraham-Murray and Ortiz vs. Takam...A world title and eliminator with two world class HW's...marking it down in my calendar.

Comment

This makes me think of a match-up I hadn't previously considered:

Luis Ortiz vs. Alexander Povetkin

After Ortiz knocks out Takam, it makes perfect sense.

Comment

Solid card overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
              Why this fight tho? Povetkin destroyed this man, fights like Jennings against a guy who only lost to Wlad is good, Parker outboxed this guy on his worst night as a pro, this fight is pointless
              Sasha didn't destroy Takam, it was even going in the 10th in Povetkin's home country. Takam is no slouch by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                It's a good matchup to watch, I'll tune in - but for Ortiz, I think this is a step back for Ortiz as far as the HW picture is concerned. Prospect Parker just beat this guy, Ortiz is at the point where he should be mixing it up with champs/former champs
                True IF they are willing to step in the ring with him. Unless he is somebody's mandatory no body is going to call him out. He is high risk low reward.
                In the mean time he has to stay active with the likes of Takam which should keep him busy and honest while he bids his time which is running out since he is no spring chicken.

The goal would be to be more impressive than Parker was against the same opponent.

Comment

very good fight, if Ortiz get's takam out of there in impressive fashion, then he kind of hurts himself even more...i.e any of the other top 10 guy's will be even more terrified to fight him.

Prob is, he looks like he is gasping for air after 4 round's...If takam can take him to round 9/10 he has a good chance of drowning him in the deep waters.

Comment

At least it's a decent opponent who isn't coming some long lay-off.

Comment

nice, this is actually better than ustinov or oquendo

Comment

Working...
                      X