What July 4th represents for Native Americans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Nope.

My purpose was solely to show that when one lowers himself to insult he has conceded the debate. I was taught that in school. But since most folks never took a Debate class/course, the Socrates quote is the best way to explain that concept.

So since you didn't get it the first time I must try again.

Insults are employed by children and by adults unable to offer up an effective argument. Into which group do you fall?
    You half called him a child.... is that not an insult to most men?

Just because you are more subtle with your insults, doesn't mean you don't use them.

Intellectual battle line guys drink "patronizing" with their morning breakfast, and wear overbearing condescension like some kind of ill begotten cloak.

Insulting, to say the least

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
      of course they did.....

-Nicolas Augustin Metoyer of Louisiana owned 13 slaves in 1830. He and his 12 family members collectively owned 215 slaves

"One of the most vexing questions in African-American history is whether free African Americans themselves owned slaves. The short answer to this question, as you might suspect, is yes, of course; some free black people in this country bought and sold other black people, and did so at least since 1654, continuing to do so right through the Civil War. For me, the really fascinating questions about black slave-owning are how many black “masters” were involved, how many slaves did they own and why did they own slaves?"

http://www.theroot.com/articles/hist...id_they_exist/
      Quick, someone ensure this never makes its way to the history books. Oops, I'm guessing this has already been taken care of. Democrats are steady recreating history to fit their agenda.

Native Americans have more rights to complain about how they were treated than almost any group but do you hear them crying in the media, burning down buildings or killing state employees over it, well no you don't.

Lots of races/nationalities have been wronged but they put the past behind them and moved on. For some reason we have a problem moving forward here in America. I believe the liberal masses don't want to move on because of the potential loss of political power when people use their evolved brains as we were intended to.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Quick, someone ensure this never makes its way to the history books. Oops, I'm guessing this has already been taken care of. Democrats are steady recreating history to fit their agenda.

Native Americans have more rights to complain about how they were treated than almost any group but do you hear them crying in the media, burning down buildings or killing state employees over it, well no you don't.

Lots of races/nationalities have been wronged but they put the past behind them and moved on. For some reason we have a problem moving forward here in America. I believe the liberal masses don't want to move on because of the potential loss of political power when people use their evolved brains as we were intended to.
        The amount of black slave owners was negligible. Not at all significant enough to affect or influence this conversation. Diversionary tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post

The Fourth of July (July 4th), also called Independence Day, is the holiday that marks when the US declared its independence from Britain. That was done on July 4th 1776 in the Declaration of Independence

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. – That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, – That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government …”

It is also when the central hypocrisy of the US between racism and equality became crystal clear: Thomas Jefferson, who wrote the Declaration of Independence, owned 175 Black slaves at the time. And he calls Native Americans “merciless Indian Savages”. He was hardly alone: many of the signers owned Black slaves or wanted Native land that the British protected.

To Jefferson’s credit he did condemn the slave trade, but that part had to be taken out before many slave owners would sign it.

The Declaration of Independence only declared independence. It took years of war to make it fact. The true independence day of the US is May 12th 1784, when the Treaty of Paris took effect.

Like Australia Day, the Fourth of July takes place in the summer and features fireworks, picnics, barbecues, flag waving, speeches, parades, pride in one’s country, going to the beach or the park, being with family and friends, etc.

The most famous Fourth of July speech, at least among Black Americans, is one given by Frederick Douglass 76 years after 1776. He noted:

“What, to the American slave, is your 4th of July? I answer; a day that reveals to him, more than all other days in the year, the gross injustice and cruelty to which he is the constant victim. To him, your celebration is a sham; your boasted liberty, an unholy license; your national greatness, swelling vanity; your sounds of rejoicing are empty, all heartless; your denunciation of tyrants, brass fronted impudence; your shouts of liberty and equality, hollow mockery; your prayers and hymns, your sermons and thanksgivings, with all your religious parade and solemnity, are, to Him, mere bombast, fraud, deception, impiety, and hypocrisy – a thin veil to cover up crimes which would disgrace a nation of savages. There is not a nation on the earth guilty of practices more shocking and bloody than are the people of the United States, at this very hour.”

The Declaration of Independence freed not one of the 650,000 slaves in the US. It only declared freedom for White people. The holiday marking Black freedom is Juneteenth.

For Native Americans, the Fourth of July marks the birth of a nation that destroyed hundreds of Indian nations.

The colonialists won that land fair and square!

Unfortunately, "might is right" was the prevailing school of though regarding territorial advancements.

It's Darwinism at its finest - survival of the fittest. The smartest, strongest - or whatever is needed to survive and pass your genes on in that environment - was possessed by the White settlers.

Same with slavery - White shippers and merchants, traders, went to Africa, and purchased the slaves from African tribal leaders who conquered their fellow Africans.

Comment

Originally posted by animalfan10 View Post
            Nothing is ever about race.

Everything in human history is about Money.

Why do you think the Northern Colonies didn't have large scale Slave Labor for extended periods of time like the Southern Colonies did?? Because White people in NY, PA, NJ, Massachusetts etc were morally superior to the White Plantation owners of the South?? No, because they didn't have the proper climate/terrain for it so they "Freed" the Slaves early (because they had no use for them since Cotton could not be picked/planted and profited from)....The Transatlantic Slave Trade was 100% motivated by money (including the Africans who sold other captured Africans to Western Europeans for goods/services/gold) just like everything in Human human is....Also ONLY very rich Whites (about 6% of Southern Whites at the peak of Slavery and 2% of Total Whites in the whole US) had Slaves...So Slave Owning was NOT a widespread phenomenon among the White population by any means even in the South....It was a rare luxury that could only be afforded by extremely wealthy Southern Landowners who could afford Slaves and also large Plantations...
            Your percentages are misleading. They do not include those who worked for slaveowners as overseers ect, or otherwise condoned slavery. I bet your little percentages would be different then, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post

bruh there's a ben shapiro vid out there....

states, with facts and numbers of course, that the city's with the worst crimes etc.... democratic run cities...

for example... last time milwaukee had a republican mayor/gov was like 1960 something smh

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                You half called him a child.... is that not an insult to most men?
                False. And what does "half called" even mean??

I called his antics childish. And they are.

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                Just because you are more subtle with your insults, doesn't mean you don't use them.
                Wrong again.

When I do hurl insults (never online, as I consider that ridiculous chest-thumping) I do it in no uncertain terms. Subtlety is not something I'm good at to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                X