Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love Messi but he'll never surpass Maradona. Deal with it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NutsInTheyFace View Post
    This is the best post not by me in this thread.
    great minds and all that .... morales is one of my fave fighters of all time to lol

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      CR7 > Messi

If you owned CSKA and had the choice of CR7 or Messi. Who do you choose?

And no you cannot change the team's style of play or formations. You can only transplant either one onto the team.
      How many times is Messi gonna prove that he's far, far superior to that stiff, pot-shotting overrated b*tch?

Wasn't that last time at the Bernabeau proof enough? Why is it that people get amnesia when it comes to this ******ed ass debate? Messi keeps proving he's the best when they go head to head on the pitch, people drop the debate, then re-ignite it again a few months later?

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
        Just wondering why no one is mentioning Pelé up in here?
        Pele's resume is sick. And for his time, he was amazing.

But if you watch clips of him, it's striking the difference in finesse and technique between he and Maradona. Or even someone like Zidane.

If you transplanted peak Pele into modern day football, he was would awesome but I don't think we'd be saying that we are watching the greatest of all time.

Whereas Maradona - you bring the Maradona of 1986 World Cup into modern football, and he would, IMHO, undoubtedly be the best player in the world, and his genius would shine through. The development of the game when Maradona was playing in the 80's was far greater than Pele's era.

Honestly, I have had so many debates when it comes to Maradona, and I always say to people to check out the YouTube videos of Diego. And they always come back and say that they think he was the best ever.

I know watching clips on YouTube isn't exactly foolproof as a guide to greatest (I mean, in that case Quresma would be one of the best ever) but when you watch Maradona, it's quite staggering how skillful he was.

Comment

How many times is Messi gonna prove that he's far, far superior to that stiff, pot-shotting overrated b*tch?

Wasn't that last time at the Bernabeau proof enough? Why is it that people get amnesia when it comes to this ******ed ass debate? Messi keeps proving he's the best when they go head to head on the pitch, people drop the debate, then re-ignite it again a few months later?

Besides the fact that Messi is on a better team and not just that the best team in europe and not just that, probably the best club in the world right now?

Messi plays on a better team in Argentina. Yet Ronaldo always shows out with a lesser portugal in the WC.

So as I said, who do you choose? Because you drop Messi's performance by placing him on a lesser team without the same philosophy as Barca. Where as CR7 is gonna show out on any team, any philosophy.

Comment

Besides the fact that Messi is on a better team and not just that the best team in europe and not just that, probably the best club in the world right now?

Messi plays on a better team in Argentina. Yet Ronaldo always shows out with a lesser portugal in the WC.

So as I said, who do you choose? Because you drop Messi's performance by placing him on a lesser team without the same philosophy as Barca. Where as CR7 is gonna show out on any team, any philosophy.
            Wait a sec. Ronaldo was dreadful for Portugal in the WC '10, and not much better during the Euro Championship '08.

Sure, he was awesome in '04, and pretty damn good in '06 but that was before he bulked up and became this pot-shotter who cannot dribble even half as well as he used to.

I would 100% pick Messi over Ronaldo.

One thing people have to remember - yes, Barca are the best team in the world, one of the best ever. But it's Leo who has taken them to that level. Sure, Spain won the WC but that was essentially Barca without Messi, and I wasn't that impressed with them.

Honestly, this Ronaldo vs Messi debate should be dead and buried now. How many times is Messi gonna kill it?

Comment

Wait a sec. Ronaldo was dreadful for Portugal in the WC '10, and not much better during the Euro Championship '08.

Sure, he was awesome in '04, and pretty damn good in '06 but that was before he bulked up and became this pot-shotter who cannot dribble even half as well as he used to.

I would 100% pick Messi over Ronaldo.

One thing people have to remember - yes, Barca are the best team in the world, one of the best ever. But it's Leo who has taken them to that level. Sure, Spain won the WC but that was essentially Barca without Messi , and I wasn't that impressed with them.

Honestly, this Ronaldo vs Messi debate should be dead and buried now. How many times is Messi gonna kill it?

That in the bold tells you why CR7 is better. A lesser team and shows out enough to still be in discussions with Messi.

And Messi will kill it when he leaves Barca for another team. Let's see how good he is when he isn't on the best team.

Comment

Originally posted by Xercen View Post
                He will never surpass maradona if he cannot win a world cup. Let's face it. World cup is the only cup that matters when you talk about great great players. There is a reason why maradona pele zidane ronaldo (lima) are always talked about...cause they won world cups. You cannot be the best player in the world if you cannot motivate your players to victory. Maradona was a legend...he was a playmaker, a striker ...everything! he was magnificent. He even has a religious cult named after him because he is so good. plus he was a bad boy. Messi is a bible loving nice guy. Messi cannot motivate anybody. He is not a leader. He needs to rely on playmakers like xavi and iniesta!

maradona is and will always be the greatest player of all time...as voted by the fans! player of the century! messi will be the failure of the century if he cannot win a world cup. The pressure builds!
                according to who?

IMO if you're just talking about the player himself, Messi is the better player no doubt.

If you want to add in team awards, than he probably won't surpass Maradona(as it looks now cuz Argentina can't compete with the top tier teams with their current roster).

But as I said, TEAM accomplishments should not define a player in soccer.
                Last edited by -Swizzy-; 07-21-2011, 12:16 AM.

Comment

CR7 > Messi

If you owned CSKA and had the choice of CR7 or Messi. Who do you choose?

And no you cannot change the team's style of play or formations. You can only transplant either one onto the team.

can you still say that after watching this ^^^

Comment

Lol, I don't think dribbling and running is a good thing to bring up against CR7.

If you want to bring up Messi's passing, patience, or heart(never quits). Then okay but dribbling and running?

CR7 gives people the business so bad, he may as well be Allen Iverson. I could post videos but CR7 highlights have gay music.

Comment

lol. aight. yes, yes i can watch that and still say yes.

Comment

Working...
                      X