Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a point in competing if you have no future plans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just go for it and the decision will happen for you. Liking fighting is not something you plan out beforehand. After you do it you either decide that punishing your body like this is primitive and pointless, or you love it and constantly hunger for more pointless violence.
    Last edited by E. O. Wilson; 08-22-2014, 11:24 AM.

Comment

It's not THAT big of a risk, 3 rounds a few times a year at the amateur level won't affect your health.

There's a kid at my gym who's like 12 and has a ton of fights already and he fights older guys with strength and he's like any other normal 12 yo kid. I've been competing at the local gym events for a while and the most that has happened was a chipped rib but I do it with passion so if I get a black eye, hurt my nose a little bit or get ear bruises I kinda feel proud that I love doing what many people aren't capable or don't have the courage to do.

I'd say do it if you really enjoy it. You feel great when you work hard at the gym and put up a good fight that people enjoy. Winning is the icing on the cake.

Comment

Working...
      X