No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernstein: Floyd Mayweather Must Avoid The Ropes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bernstein: Floyd Mayweather Must Avoid The Ropes

When it comes to people in boxing, you will be hard-pressed to find anyone as unbiased or informative as Showtime analyst Al Bernstein.

A resident of Las Vegas, Nevada, Bernstein is right at home amidst the madness of fight week in the city as tonight's Floyd Mayweather-Miguel Cotto clash inches closer. Mayweather figures to have a definite fight on his hands as he looks to wrestle away the WBA junior middleweight belt from Cotto when they meet inside of the MGM Grand and I was curious for Bernstein’s thoughts on the matchup. [Click Here To Read More]

I think its Cotto who needs to avoid the ropes. Mayweather has proven he works fine against the ropes and Cotto just doesnt have the power to hurt Mayweather anyway. If Money May is against the ropes all you can is go to the body like Castillo did, but will leave you open for Counters all nite. Like i said before, if this was the Olympics, Cotto would have a chance. In a 12 Round fight, Cotto will be destroyed by Mayweather at any weight

Comment

al is the best commentator in the game..

unlike hbo's 3 stooges aside from lennox or steward, and lennox has been gone for years.

Comment

Originally posted by amayseng View Post

unlike hbo's 3 stooges aside from lennox or steward, and lennox has been gone for years.
        I love how people come on here and say cotto cant do this and that or cottos power cant hurt mayweather. truth is nobody in this forum has been in the ring with him so how do they know how hard he hits. Also we don't know what cottos game plan is or mayweather. Fact is tonight we will find out!
        Last edited by mazda56; 05-05-2012, 11:10 AM.

Comment

In other words, Floyd should pivot more to set up his punches better.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
            In other words, Floyd should pivot more to set up his punches better.
            :gay:

Let the Floyd dick sucking begin!

Comment

Originally posted by voneric View Post
              I think its Cotto who needs to avoid the ropes. Mayweather has proven he works fine against the ropes and Cotto just doesnt have the power to hurt Mayweather anyway. If Money May is against the ropes all you can is go to the body like Castillo did, but will leave you open for Counters all nite. Like i said before, if this was the Olympics, Cotto would have a chance. In a 12 Round fight, Cotto will be destroyed by Mayweather at any weight
              I Totally agree with this! Cotto would get destroyed if he's on the ropes also if he gets Floyd on the ropes and try's to bang that body he will be all open up top,Floyds l;eft hook will land all day .
              i think Floyds going to be able to counter Cotto easily!!! Cottos punches come from his waist line

Comment

Originally posted by mazda56 View Post
                I love how people come on here and say cotto cant do this and that or cottos power cant hurt mayweather. truth is nobody in this forum has been in the ring with him so how do they know how hard he hits. Also we don't know what cottos game plan is or mayweather. Fact is tonight we will find out!
                Oh stop being a baby!!!This is a Forum were people talk smack .so basically your saying you shouldnt even make a comment about ANY fighter because you havent been in the ring with him! Right ?? ok bye

and people assume he doesnt hit hard because cotto doesnt knock anyone out has no one punch power and you watch his last fight were Plasterito kept saying he hits like a Girl!

Comment

Originally posted by amayseng View Post

yea he is.. i remember in Valero's last fight he said Edwin is just as good as Pacquiao along with Floyd.

Comment

Why?

Floyd is the BEST fighter in the sport on the ropes.

Comment

Working...
                    X