Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Britain vs US, who invented the best sports and why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
    Seriously bud, It really doesn't matter to me. These threads ALWAYS turn into nationalistic pissing matches. It's basically a cultural thing, with said nations youth, and general population in whole, play, that really determines what side of the "fence" you are going to be on, in my eye's.
    Yeah the thing is I like American sports - all the production and showmanship is unique to that part of the Atlantic. I enjoy watching athletes irrespective of their nationality just irks me when people are so blinded by nationalism that they can't see past the flag of their nation.

Comment

Plus I like being special knowing more about this niche sport than most normal people.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post
        Firstly the US didn't even invent basketball.. Learn your history.

Secondly the WC and football is the most played game in the world. It is harder to win that than the world series of baseball for example.
        I know the US didn't invent Basketball, I just used it as an example.

Comment

Do you not understand that the 'TV TAX' IS CALLED A tv LICENSE WHICH IS ACTUALLY ONLY PAID TOWARDS THE bbc.

mEH CAPS

Yes I do !!! I have English relatives and have been there twice. I was messing with you guys because I had no legs to stand on regarding your poll !!! Just don't agree with the best part !!!

Comment

I hate these threads, I like our sports as well as American sports more so the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
              I know the US didn't invent Basketball, I just used it as an example.
              OK, well don't get me wrong, I totally agree the US have the best trainers, facilities and place sport higher than us, and do better than us.

I would not argue that you guys win more than us at most things.

Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
              Yes I do !!! I have English relatives and have been there twice. I was messing with you guys because I had no legs to stand on regarding your poll !!! Just don't agree with the best part !!!
              I see, well I didn't know that LOL.

As for the best part, I don't know what sports you would throw in on your side.

American football is certainly growing big. The 20's here are starting to play it. Rugby is a game that is similar on our side, but it is assocatiated with the upper to middle class. Rich kids etc.. still big and strong at an average weight of 220 to 230 lbs and 6 foot 2 from my memory, but it's still a rich mans game sort of.

Football or soccer here is for our working class type, and is far more popular and easier to play. You can play with a can of empty coke if need be.

Comment

Plus I like being special knowing more about this niche sport than most normal people.
                Please don't take this as me bashing soccer, I'm one of the few people in this country that really likes soccer, anytime Arsenal plays, i'm watching.

Comment

Football or soccer here is for our working class type, and is far more popular and easier to play. You can play with a can of empty coke if need be.
                  aha this is what we did at 10min break in school sandwich in hand headers and volleys with a can upgraded to a tennis ball later on.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                    Please don't take this as me bashing soccer, I'm one of the few people in this country that really like soccer, anytime Arsenal plays, i'm watching.
                    I use to live 2 miles from Higbury / Emirates, now about 4 or 5. I live 1 mile form the Olympic stadium now though.

I use to support Arsenal when I was 7, but I am tired of football. Too many games, too many girls diving in it etc...

I'll support Arsenal over any team, but I don't love the sport no more. I don't follow it. I heard Arsenal are doing bad now? Too young players and Arsense doesn't spend no money. BUT unlike most sports teams such as in the NBA, EPL etc.. Arsenal make money, not lose!

I simply stick to Boxing. Damn right I nut hug fighters. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Repeddled View Post
                      aha this is what we did at 10min break in school sandwich in hand headers and volleys with a can upgraded to a tennis ball later on.
                      LOL when I was 5 we played with a tennis ball. When I was 13 in school we use to play with a can of coke LOL.

Comment

Working...
                      X