No announcement yet.

I refuse to order Showtime PPV if…

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
    Wait a damn minute! You guys prefer a guy like Lampley, that NEVER calls the fight, and only talks about random ass ****, to Mauro, a guy that calls damn near every punch for each of the fighters???

Lampley is notorious for only calling the shots for the "money" fighter, and never calls it down the line.

Give me Mauro any day of the week over Lampley's garbage ass.

Lampley would rather talk about a fighter's personal life, and his wife and kids, rather than calling the damn fight. He's utterly garbage.
    Man I don’t need anyone to tell me what I’m seeing, but listening to Mauro Ranallo who isn’t nearly as insightful as you’re making him sound right now, makes me want to rip off my ears, all I think about is Stone Cold Stunners when he commentates, if you want that watch Wrestling man.

Comment

Bring Gus back, he was going ape **** in both of the Juanma/Salido fights. NUTSSSS AND GUTSSSS!!!!

Comment

I actually liked Gus Johnson but he ain't no Lampley

And whenever they had Al Bernstein and Tarver commentating it was cringe worthy

Tarver would mispronounce simple words and they would always agree and compliment each other like

"I agree" "Excellent point" "Thats 100% correct"

It was like watching bias Fox News giving each other handjobs

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          I think Lampley has an iconic voice, he does know boxing but he's very, very biased towards the fighter that HBO is promoting. For example, his coverage of the JMM vs Pac fights, if you were listening to them without watching them, you would think Pac was absolutely destroying Marquez.

The reason I think Al Bernstein is the best is because not only does he know boxing, he makes points and always seems to refer to the boxers for their view point. Giving way to their experience in the ring and giving that basic respect. Max Kellerman used to be good but he's over stepping his boundaries as of late. He talks like he actually was a pro fighter.

I don't always agree with Bernstein but he makes intelligent points and is not biased at all. In his coverage of the Mares vs Agbeko I fight, Mares was the star of Showtime but he repeatedly expressed his displeasure with the low blows.
          Agreed but when it comes to the two crew, we shouldn’t be comparing Jim to Al, Al should be compared to Max, while Jim should be compared to Mauro Ranallo and Roy to Paulie. Al is great, he is sometimes a little biased but no where near the HBO crew. But you are right Jim just has the iconic voice, I don’t mind Gus for showtime because he has some catch phrases, but Mauro Ranallo needs to go man

Comment

Originally posted by pturtle View Post
            Man I don’t need anyone to tell me what I’m seeing, but listening to Mauro Ranallo who isn’t nearly as insightful as you’re making him sound right now, makes me want to rip off my ears, all I think about is Stone Cold Stunners when he commentates, if you want that watch Wrestling man.
            You're judging him off his voice, and not the content of his material. That's pretty dumb. He calls it down the line, and doesn't go off for 3 minutes about some random ****, that no one wants to hear.

He doesn't interrupt the broadcast team with stupid little tidbits about this or that. He calls the fights, and Bernstein does a bit of Lampley, and Roy's job. Plus Paulie is better than Roy IMO.

Showtime > HBO commentating by country mile.

Oh yeah, that guy Max can go **** off.

Comment

Haha, good thread.

This dude's voice doesn't even match the face. He sounds waaay too hyper and doesn't put anything creative together. When it comes to young faces commentating, I can appreciate Max because love him or hate him, he knows some history and has true admiration for the sport. When you see guys that do not, that is when you can appreciate him moreso.

I agree, Mauro should be back in an MMA gig or at least WWE. He reminds me a lot of Jerry the King Lawler.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                I actually liked Gus Johnson but he ain't no Lampley

And whenever they had Al Bernstein and Tarver commentating it was cringe worthy

Tarver would mispronounce simple words and they would always agree and compliment each other like

"I agree" "Excellent point" "Thats 100% correct"

It was like watching bias Fox News giving each other handjobs
                Yea I never understood the love for Tarver, it seemed he tried to hard and never broke fights down as well as Roy or Malinaggi and both those guys speak like themselves, they don’t sound animated at all

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                  Haha, good thread.

This dude's voice doesn't even match the face. He sounds waaay too hyper and doesn't put anything creative together. When it comes to young faces commentating, I can appreciate Max because love him or hate him, he knows some history and has true admiration for the sport. When you see guys that do not, that is when you can appreciate him moreso.

I agree, Mauro should be back in an MMA gig or at least WWE. He reminds me a lot of Jerry the King Lawler.
                  Max is a bias for NY fighters, ass hat. He lost his "edge" a while ago.

Comment

They should also teach Paulie how to score fights

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                      You're judging him off his voice, and not the content of his material. That's pretty dumb. He calls it down the line, and doesn't go off for 3 minutes about some random ****, that no one wants to hear.

He doesn't interrupt the broadcast team with stupid little tidbits about this or that. He calls the fights, and Bernstein does a bit of Lampley, and Roy's job. Plus Paulie is better than Roy IMO.

Showtime > HBO commentating by country mile.

Oh yeah, that guy Max can go **** off.
                      The guy happens to know less about boxing than Jim, I have even heard Al Bernstein get upset with Ranallo once for talking while he was speaking, he has never done anything memorable whether good or bad, he sounds like Michael Cole from the WWF I don’t understand why you like the guy but hey that your opinion

Comment

Working...
                      X