No announcement yet.

Bute VS Froch: Whats Your Take?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
    damn havent seen in a while. he was up in less than 10. the ref sucked though
    I clearly recall watching this back quite a few times when writing about it. It's like a lot of things in boxing where controversy morphs into a sort of set communal knowledge based on chatter rather than fact. One of the best examples was when people kept repeating that Buster Douglas quit against Tony Tucker when it was actually just your average clean standing stop.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
      I clearly recall watching this back quite a few times when writing about it. It's like a lot of things in boxing where controversy morphs into a sort of set communal knowledge based on chatter rather than fact. One of the best examples was when people kept repeating that Buster Douglas quit against Tony Tucker when it was actually just your average clean standing stop.
      yeah its bu''****

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
        Not rooted in controversy but another one is "Nunn dominated and won every single round until Toney caught him in the 11th" which is bogus. From round 7 on Toney started having increasing success and was really landing some good shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
          Not rooted in controversy but another one is "Nunn dominated and won every single round until Toney caught him in the 11th" which is bogus. From round 7 on Toney started having increasing success and was really landing some good shots.
          Yup. That's a GREAT fight and very competitive. Toney broke him down in the second half. No one knew what they were watching at the time.

Comment

Froch by late stoppage. Bute would look like the better fighter most the fight, but he couldn't keep Froch from coming on late. It would be a damn good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Froch by late stoppage. Bute would look like the better fighter most the fight, but he couldn't keep Froch from coming on late. It would be a damn good fight.
              i think bute could stop froch w some body hooks

Comment

Working...
              X