No announcement yet.

Whitaker did well here for being a past it cocaine addict

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitaker did well here for being a past it cocaine addict

Any other former lightweight in Pernell's position here would have been knocked out by Trinidad.

Trinidad played the New York police officer and Whitaker played himself....the crack addict.Trinidad did what every other New York police officer does to Whitaker's kind.

Winning one round out of twelve and receving a tremendous thumping for the other eleven is not what I would call doing well.

Comment

Originally posted by donkim View Post
      Trinidad played the New York police officer and Whitaker played himself....the crack addict.Trinidad did what every other New York police officer does to Whitaker's kind.

Winning one round out of twelve and receving a tremendous thumping for the other eleven is not what I would call doing well.
      It is doing well when you are as past it as Whitaker was, and against a bigger prime opponent in Trinidad.

And I'm not having you pollute my thread with your ****, on ignore you go.

Comment

i was watching that fight the other day, its one of trinidads best fights....he was fast & powerful.....do you really think prime whitaker beats prime trinidad its hard to say whitaker def doesnt have the power to keep trinidad off him.....

Comment

I think crack would be quite beneficial to a fighter. Makes you feel invincible and is quite good at eliminating pain.

Comment

Who knew that he was also fighting a cheater, at the time?

Comment

Originally posted by Method Checker View Post
              Who knew that he was also fighting a cheater, at the time?
              For ****s sake shut up or I will put you on ignore too. Sick of all these BS conspiracy theories about fighters. Tito was warned for wrapping his hands against the code, not loading his gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by Counter right View Post
                For ****s sake shut up or I will put you on ignore too. Sick of all these BS conspiracy theories about fighters. Tito was warned for wrapping his hands against the code, not loading his gloves.
                Putting me on ignore just shows that you can't handle the truth. Relax.

Trinidad was caught with wrapping his hands illegally, in NY. His dad said that was the way he wrapped his hand for every fight. The Whitaker fight was in NY.

So technically, he was cheating.

Comment

Pernell was a tough customer at any stage of his career, the crack didn't do him any favors tho

Comment

Originally posted by Method Checker View Post
                    Putting me on ignore just shows that you can't handle the truth. Relax.

Trinidad was caught with wrapping his hands illegally, in NY. His dad said that was the way he wrapped his hand for every fight. The Whitaker fight was in NY.

So technically, he was cheating.
                    The hand wrapping was a minor thing that was legal in most other places. Techncially it is cheating, but technically clinching is cheating too.

What I can't or can't be bothered to handle is idiots after the Margarito thing running around taking every infringement of the rules to the max, like the threads calling Xylocaine use cheating.

Comment

Working...
                    X