Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travis Kauffman, The Fastest Heavyweight Today? (Video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
    those are short punches..he's not that quick.

He also looks tiny for a HW as well, probably why he's a bit quick.
    That's his warm-up for him to stay sharp. I have video of him sparring where he's showing off his speed but couldn't post it because we don't want to give away training secrets.

He's not tiny by any stretch, he's 6'3 and about 230 pounds, and at 23 is still growing and maturing. He's not Hasim Rahman or Jameel McCline sized but he's a strong, quick, mobile heavyweight with a good boxing brain.

Comment

Originally posted by The Buzz View Post
      The idea after this fight is to have him either on ESPN2 or ShoBox later this month or next month, get him 20 fights by year's end and then HBO early next year. His step up is coming.

Remember, of those 3 1/2 years, he was laid off 14 months. He's gotten a lot done in his career in a short period of time. He's still only 23 years old.
      Sounds like a good strategy, there's no need to rush into things too quickly and risk getting over-matched. At 23 years old, he's still developing as a fighter...

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingPromoter View Post
        Sounds like a good strategy, there's no need to rush into things too quickly and risk getting over-matched. At 23 years old, he's still developing as a fighter...
        People need to remember that there are no top heavyweights under 30 years of age, so why rush? Travis isn't even fully matured physically yet. Fighters like Fernando Vargas and the such that were pushed too fast wound up burning out early. When Travis is up for a title shot, he'll be ready to win it.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore
          So the heavyweight Kaufmann is fighting tomorrow...

It was supposed to be the cruiserweight Barragan, now its an inexperienced fighter no one's ever heard of.

why doesn't he fight someone with a pulse for a change?
          man you're pathetic

Comment

I like what I've seen of Kaufman so far. He isn't fast by any means. The short punches were ok but his jab was pushed and slow. I would say he has good power but is still developing. He should fight Joey Abell. I would say they are about even.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFairPole View Post
              I like what I've seen of Kaufman so far. He isn't fast by any means. The short punches were ok but his jab was pushed and slow. I would say he has good power but is still developing. He should fight Joey Abell. I would say they are about even.
              Since Travis isn't yet at the elite level, we want to keep a lot of what he has under wraps so people can't scout him yet. This is light padwork just to stay sharp, nothing like what he normally does. His jab is much quicker, this was more for timing.

Joey Abell, never heard of him but I wouldn't say he's on Kauffman's level if he's getting KO'ed by guys with losing records and losing to Al "Ice" Cole in 2008.

Comment

Since Travis isn't yet at the elite level, we want to keep a lot of what he has under wraps so people can't scout him yet. This is light padwork just to stay sharp, nothing like what he normally does. His jab is much quicker, this was more for timing.

Joey Abell, never heard of him but I wouldn't say he's on Kauffman's level if he's getting KO'ed by guys with losing records and losing to Al "Ice" Cole in 2008.
                Well he is rematching Al in september but I get your point. Plus Joey is a southpaw with excellent power. Not a good matchup for Travis this early...

Comment

That's his warm-up for him to stay sharp. I have video of him sparring where he's showing off his speed but couldn't post it because we don't want to give away training secrets.

He's not tiny by any stretch, he's 6'3 and about 230 pounds, and at 23 is still growing and maturing. He's not Hasim Rahman or Jameel McCline sized but he's a strong, quick, mobile heavyweight with a good boxing brain.
                  well see what hes got when he steps up.

Comment

No way in hell that he is fastest heavyweight today!

And he aint nothing special.

I saw him spar with ARREOLA and he was doing okay but I watch
                    him on EUROSPORT and he fought some ZOO freak and KAUFFMAN got dropped but he came back and won by TKO!

Comment

Only 23 years old? He should be in MUCH better shape. He looks pretty out of shape at 230lbs. I'd guess if he came in in shape he'd be about 215 and won't be worth much at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X