Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When talking crime stats, how are people that are biracial classified?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When talking crime stats, how are people that are biracial classified?

Out of curiosity, if Andre has a black dad and white mother and commits a violent crime, is that considered a white or black violent crime stat?

Something tells me that the justice system will see this as a black man committing a violent crime.

As much as I hate to say it, but when Sterling Archer robbed that liquor store a few years ago, that was a knock against black males statistically.

Comment

Out of curiosity, if Obuma has a black dad and white mother and becomes president, is he considered a white president or a black president?

Something tells me that the media will see this as a black man becoming president.

Comment

The unwritten rules in the U.S regarding biracial people in America:

If it's related to anything good or being successful, then it's because of the white side and that biracial person should be also considered white.

If it's related to anything bad or has the crime stigma behind it, it's because of the black side and that biracial person should be considered black statistically.

Comment

He a gud boy. He Golovkee fan. He dindu nuffin.

Comment

Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
            Out of curiosity, if Obuma has a black dad and white mother and becomes president, is he considered a white president or a black president?

Something tells me that the media will see this as a black man becoming president.
            Going off memory, one of the main reasons Obama got support of white votes was because his mom was white. That was one of the pushes that helped him get in the white house.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
              The unwritten rules in the U.S regarding biracial people in America:

If it's related to anything good or being successful, then it's because of the white side and that biracial person should be also considered white.

If it's related to anything bad or has the crime stigma behind it, it's because of the black side and that biracial person should be considered black statistically.
              My Obama example completely obliterates your fantastical argument. Sit down liberal clown, take a few days to come up with something else and try again.

Comment

It depends on the context, actually. For instance, for a long time white crime rates have actually been overstated due to the fact that all 'latinos' were regarded as 'white' in FBI crime statistics.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/new...me-statistics/

Historically speaking, you are correct. In the US you are non-white if you are mixed race, due to the one-drop rule. This continues to be true in society generally, but the legal system and the statistical markers it uses no longer reflect that.

So you have the case where clearly mestizo individuals are categorized as white for statistical purposes in crime data.

Comment

Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
                  My Obama example completely obliterates your fantastical argument. Sit down liberal clown, take a few days to come up with something else and try again.
                  So what you're saying is if you're biracial, you're considered a black man, correct?

Comment

It depends on whether it is a violent offense, or just a "white" collar crime

Comment

Working...
                    X