Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was Fernando Vargas never the same fighter after the Felix Trinidad loss? Can...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
    Vargas vs Tito, that fight should have been stopped earlier, He survived the 1st round and came back, but after the 3rd knockdown..in the 11th the ref should of stopped it. Vargas was getting beaten to a pulp. There was no need for him to take the extra punishment.

- And for those who keep insisting on Tito having loaded gloves I am assuming they are saying this because of the Bhop fight. Just keep this in mind if the bhop fight would have taken place in Vegas or some othe venew that wasnt NYC, there would be no talk of loaded gloves..He did not have loaded gloves, it was the way they wrapped his hands. Its illegal in according to the NYS boxing commision. He didnt have anything foreign in his wraps.
    Even Nazeem Richards is on record saying Tito's wraps WERE LEGAL IN VEGAS but not in accordance with NYS rules. Technical BS.

By some of these bitter peasants logic, EVERYONE who fought in VEGAS would have Tito Trinidad power.

And Vargas is a bitter bytch. Claiming he blanked out.. Yes because Tito CRUSHED your chin all night.

"musta been hitting me with a bat he hid in his trunks"

Fck outta here with shyt.

Comment

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
      I think that's kinda ****ty that you're trying to diminish Trinadad's accomplishments as a fighter. What are we going to start questioning every great fighters wins....Ok How about Julio Cesar Chavez,Sr win over Mederick Taylors by 12 rnd tko, Did you see how busted up Taylors face looked? could that have been plastered, how about Aaron Pryor's win over Arguello? remember the black bottle supposedly used by pryor's trainer Panama lewis? The fact is that Trinidad caught Vargas with a lightning fast left hook that almost decapitated Vargas ****y head off.Vargas institgated that left hook by dropping & keeping his hand hands to in front of him and everybody in boxing knows that is a no-no against a puncher. Vargas is a warrior he did come back rnds 4 & 5. Yes Trinidad did low blow him but so did Vargas & he did good partly because he thumbed Tito in the eye. Did your forget about that one? and that my friend was intentional. Oh if you ever been in the ring , you would know that it is very easy to thumb someone intentional. But this was a 12 rnd fight & Tito just put it on him and knocked him out!...Yes he did.
      Come on quit the sour grapes...it was a great fight.

They know Vargas got his ass kicked. But in true peasant tradition, there is ALWAYS an excuse for a loss.

"Too green" > Vargas

"Not green enough" > Morales

"His eye though" > Matthysse

"Ref held him down on the canvas when he was trying to get up"

ridiculous...

Team Tortilla is shameless.

Comment

Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
        Even Nazeem Richards is on record saying Tito's wraps WERE LEGAL IN VEGAS but not in accordance with NYS rules. Technical BS.

By some of these bitter peasants logic, EVERYONE who fought in VEGAS would have Tito Trinidad power.

And Vargas is a bitter bytch. Claiming he blanked out.. Yes because Tito CRUSHED your chin all night.

"musta been hitting me with a bat he hid in his trunks"

Fck outta here with shyt.
        - Exactly, alot of these people are making ignorant comments on Tito, trying to take away from what he accomplished. The dude had freakish power and it was legit. And he didnt fight in "catchweights", it was the way it should be 147/154/160.

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
          - Exactly, alot of these people are making ignorant comments on Tito, trying to take away from what he accomplished. The dude had freakish power and it was legit. And he didnt fight in "catchweights", it was the way it should be 147/154/160.

Exactly!

Tito was old school and a beast.

Comment

I see some Vargas fans are still sour since 12/2/2000.

Vargas got beat up pretty bad on that fight, fact is, it would have been so much better for Vargas not to get up after the first round knock downs because he gain nothing proving he was a "puro macho" which is what gave him a career ending beat.

Move on with your theories, the only thing Trinidad did do out of place was the low blows and that happens all of the time in most matches.

Oscar then finished him up.
            Vargas is no doubt a warrior but we all know that's what ended his career.

Comment

I found an excellent video on this topic. Props to Bigpoppapump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yZ7Bh7kZJc

Comment

Originally posted by Apprehensive EJ View Post
                Why was Fernando Vargas never the same fighter after the Felix Trinidad loss? Can you explain specific reasons what happened to him? What the hell do you think happened to him?
                Just a guess, but I'd say that getting punched in the head hundreds of times by Felix Trinidad had something to do with it.

Comment

All I see in this thread is a bunch of excuses by cry babys, especially the mexicans. Extra gauze thats legal in other states wahhhhh

Vargas was too young in the game to go up against a superior puncher, end of story.

Comment

Vargas really thought that he was a bully and a tough guy.

Titio took that away from him, no more bully confidence.

There is an interview before the fight that Vargas claims that he was a school bully and a street bully.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                      I found an excellent video on this topic. Props to Bigpoppapump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yZ7Bh7kZJc

What a crying little bltch, bruised balls? I've heard it all.

Comment

Working...
                      X