Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So you guys really think Pacquaio is better than Pernell Whitaker? last 20 years poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
    What big fights did Oscar want while in Top Rank that Arum didn't want to make?

I don't even think I saw Whitaker on the poll

Barrera was prime in the first fight. I don't know if boxrec can tell you that. But, he was.

13 years as a pro, 3 losses, 1 by KO, more than a few wars does not make one prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post

13 years as a pro, 3 losses, 1 by KO, more than a few wars does not make one prime.
      I think if he wasn't prime he was very close.

He may not have been physically at his peak but in terms of skill, IQ, technical ability along with being close to his physical best, I think 03 was Barrera's peak.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
        I'm in my 40s and seen from Ali, to leonard to tyson and now Pac! Yes Pac's a much greater fighter! Power is a Great equalizer and Pee has non of that! He might have a greatest defence but u know already that the greatest defensive fighter of this era was scared of Pac!

they have one common opponent, dlh! Pac gave dlh a beatdown of his life while pee lost s close one!
        common opponent?? one of the funniest comparisons I've seen in a while, oscar of 97 vs pea compared to oscar of 2008 vs manny. nice...

manny is nowhere near pea's league of skills or savvy, the only thing manny has over pea is number of fans and popularity.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
          common opponent?? one of the funniest comparisons I've seen in a while, oscar of 97 vs pea compared to oscar of 2008 vs manny. nice...

manny is nowhere near pea's league of skills or savvy, the only thing manny has over pea is number of fans and popularity.

Man, the guys name says it all!

How in the world can you compare their common opponent when the fights took place a decade apart?!?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Best in Boxing View Post
            Man, the guys name says it all!

How in the world can you compare their common opponent when the fights took place a decade apart?!?!?!?
            the guy is a loony toon clearly. he thinks cause he is older and has watched fights for a long time (allegedly) that he can enlighten us all as to why pac is better than sweet pea LMAO I cant even say that with a straight face. I am willing to wager where Pacdbest is from... I guess p@ctards come in all shapes and sizes...and ages too...

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              Hasnt been knocked down properly for a long time if i remember correctly thats what i meant and he is fighting very good fighters and fights regularly.
              Pacquiao has been knocked down, knocked out, outboxed, outclassed, and embarrassed by a 38 year old lightweight. Can't say the same for SweetPea

Comment

the guy is a loony toon clearly. he thinks cause he is older and has watched fights for a long time (allegedly) that he can enlighten us all as to why pac is better than sweet pea LMAO I cant even say that with a straight face. I am willing to wager where Pacdbest is from... I guess p@ctards come in all shapes and sizes...and ages too...
                indeed they do

Comment

That guy isn't 44. Trolling is something you do in your pre-teens. I can't imagine a grown ass man, trolling behind a computer screen

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                    That guy isn't 44. Trolling is something you do in your pre-teens. I can't imagine a grown ass man, trolling behind a computer screen

i will have to wholeheartedly disagree with you. I think that he is in his 40s, and I think he started watching boxing in his late 30s, early 40s, and has not heard about sweet pea until doin a quick google search and seein de la hoya beat him in 97, and pac beat delahoya in 08, and so that automatically makes pac better. this guy is not a troll, he is sadly dead serious in his thought process. shame...

Comment

Time and time again, it's always another senseless debate over who is better than who, with idiots trying to PROVE it as if there was definite supporting evidence.

I don't know how you can say any one fighter is better than the other in this case?

I think if they fought a trilogy Manny would win at least twice. But that does NOT mean he is a "better fighter"

Comment

Working...
                      X