No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BScene Ratings Update: Sturm, Juanma, Dirrell, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: BScene Ratings Update: Sturm, Juanma, Dirrell, More

Middleweight got some healthy shaking up in the back end of 2012. It got some more of it in the last week. Felix Sturm, the king of the close call in recent years, isn’t getting them all of a sudden. The first Randy Griffin fight, Matthew Macklin, and Martin Murray all saw him leave as a he entered: the WBA titlist.

Now, he’s dropped two straight and one wonders what options remain for the popular German draw. Last year, he dropped a close but clear decision to Daniel Geale in a unification bout. Now, fighting to get a mandatory rematch via the IBF, he’s dropped an ace to the unexpected Sam Soliman.

This scribe hasn’t seen the contest yet, and understands it may have been a debatable call, but for now the result remains.
    [Click Here To Read More]

World Jr. Middleweight Champion: Vacant
    Vacant Since: Winky Wright Vacated November 7, 2005

Top Ten Contenders
    1. Floyd Mayweather (43-0, 26 KO, WBA Super, 0 Defenses)
    2. Austin Trout (26-0, 14 KO, WBA, 4 Defenses)
    3. Miguel Cotto (37-4, 30 KO)
    4. Erislandy Lara (17-1-2, 11 KO)
    5. Carlos Molina (21-5-2, 6 KO)
    6. Saul Alvarez (40-0-1, 30 KO, WBC, 5 Defenses)
    7. James Kirkland (31-1, 27 KO)
    8. Cornelius Bundrage (32-4, 19 KO, IBF, 2 Defenses)
    9. Vanes Martirosyan (32-0-1, 20 KO)
    10. Gabriel Rosado (21-6, 13 KO)
    This is a great list

Comment

Do you take whether or not it was a bad decision into account? Because it seemed like almost everyone had Sturm beating Soliman. But then I suppose going by official results is more objective.

Comment

Why wouldn't you watch the fight before doing a ratings update? It's been quite a few days, and the fight is available all over the place. Not that I'd trust you to come to the correct conclusion on the fight even if you did see it, considering you classify Geale-Sturm as close but clear. That fight was a complete 50-50 toss-up. I had it a draw, and 9 of the 12 rounds could have gone either way. Honestly, I kinda doubt you saw that one, either. I do a ratings blog, and so I know that it's impossible to do a competent job at this kind of thing without actually watching the fights- particularly the controversial ones. Good for you for being honest, but you've gotta read before you write.

Comment

Working...
        X